PDA

View Full Version : CX FO sacked?

PlusHundred
23rd Apr 2001, 06:44
Apparently CX110 from SYD to HKG on the 8th of April got delayed several hours, because a FO refused to travel duty travel on economy class from Melbourne to Sydney.

Rumours are saying that this costed him his job, could that really be true?

busbuoy
23rd Apr 2001, 07:34
Kept his job but was punished (unfairly IMHO).

BOLTER
24th Apr 2001, 18:11
Heard it was an A-Bus Skipper, and got the heave -ho. Hope its not true, any more info?

busbuoy
25th Apr 2001, 06:11
An Airbus skipper has been dismissed (appeal pending) over another incident but a -400 FO was disciplined over the abovementioned event.

geh065
26th Apr 2001, 17:18
May I ask what the other incident was?

Checkmate
27th Apr 2001, 07:05
I can't help thinking this rash of sackings etc, forms part of a management plan to intimidate the weak and weary, prior to the
action they know is inevitable, if they do not come to the party.

I am probably not alone in having several letters on my P file, for declining Ken's offer of a new contract, for being sick etc etc.

I was also threatened with the sack in 99.

Intimidated? Contemptuous!

highwayman
27th Apr 2001, 14:32
Checkmate,
You are a very bad boy!! Imagine the demoralising effect of having not one but several letters on ones Personal file. I think that I would consider suicide under those circumstances. Your waking hours must be filled, thinking of ways that you can repay the company for giving you a job.You must volunteer for every new program that comes up in the hope that you can accumulate enough brownie points to have those letters removed.
How can you sleep at night ? just knowing that those letters are in your P file. I don't think that I could do it. It would worry me sick to know that I have a black mark against my name. In fact it would worry me so much that I would be unable to attend to my duties. !!!!!!! Just in case anyone fails to get it this was tongue in cheek!!!!!!!!!

GK
27th Apr 2001, 18:25
In other words, in order to become the next DFO, GMA, Fleet Manager, etc, one must not have any "letters" in his file. The only way to avoid getting any "letters" is to do what the company tells you to do, worked when others were "sick", signed the new contract and not to comply with CC. What do we call such people? Scab! Therefore, if you want to be a management pilot, be a scab.

BOLTER
27th Apr 2001, 19:43
You guys don't fool me. The only way to get into management is to make a name for yourself by either f**king up or having a P file bigger than any-one elses. Shame on you all you social climbers, you make me sick.......Well done! I feel unwell

The Guru
28th Apr 2001, 14:02
I heard the other incident involved an Aussie F/O copping a $AUD7000 fine. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif Any truth or purely rumour?

The Resistance
29th Apr 2001, 05:29
The company has NO mandate to demand a fine. Full Stop. If they suggest such a thing......tell them to show you where in the COS that that is one of the possible punishments. They really are a bunch of horses ars-s.

Warhawk
29th Apr 2001, 13:23
Since when did the COS mean anything?

Past experience shows CX mgt seemingly dismiss the COS whenever they feel like it. It is true that there are set disciplinary procedures in place but many of us can probably think of cases where the poor unfortunates have been denied them - confident the AOA's lack of resources and the co's rep of destroying anyone who dares ask for their rights to be recognised will squash any resistance. Rule by fear................

And they wonder why their crews are unhappy and no longer trust them? Reap what you sow.....................

My thoughts are with the Skip concerned and also the F/O.

PNR
9th May 2001, 14:02
The FO in question was indeed given a EY seat from MEL to SYD when reporting after a reserve call-out. Crew-out-of-control refused to assist him when he enquired of his entitlement, and he subsequently missed the first flight. He caught a later flight with a J-class seat.

The CX flight ex-SYD departed about 7:20 minutes late (20 minutes of which was due to the seating mis-understanding).

The FO was interviewed, severely berated for having used the COS allowed full 2 hours before reporting (including being YELLED at for HAVING BREAKFAST!!!!), had a letter put on file for 3 years and lost two years pay increments (but not seniority) until next year.

The two years of increments will amount to about $7000 as per a previous post.

Food for thought - don't have breakfast when called out on reserve!!!

[This message has been edited by PNR (edited 09 May 2001).]

411A
10th May 2001, 05:22
Guess the concerned effo thought he was a Captain. Thought effos always rode in back.
Should have sacked him on the spot.

Kubota
10th May 2001, 05:32
I smell cheese.

Herb
10th May 2001, 08:04
No..some of Cheeses' remarks were well thought out intelligent and at least he was directly involved in the issues.

411a is just a sad old git