PDA

View Full Version : Cabin crew job decision.

Rogi
8th Feb 2005, 16:05
Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has some advice?

My girlfriend has been fortunate enough to be offered cabin crew jobs with Monarch and Excel Airways. She is excited about starting work but would like to know more information about the jobs - such as the chances of flying long haul, the possibility of permanent contracts as well as how much money she will realistically earn with each airline?

Thanks in advance for your help.......

jettesen
8th Feb 2005, 17:01
if you do a search on both airlines, you will find plenty of info on here

Rogi
8th Feb 2005, 22:18
know that and done that, thanks.
But I want to know who YOU would choose for ? pro`s and contra`s ? no better info than from inside....

hostiegirl
9th Feb 2005, 08:55
where will she be based man or lgw??

Rogi
9th Feb 2005, 10:56
she will be based in LGW

Have you heard this!
9th Feb 2005, 11:22
Monarch have a reputation for been really strict and want their crew to be like Stepford Wives. They treat their temporary crew with very little respect.

I've met a lot of ex-Monarch crew (some only done a season, some been there for years) and it has come from them too.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but that's what their reputation is like in the business.

hostiegirl
9th Feb 2005, 14:01
right if it's gatwick i would say excel as manchester it would be harder for her to get a permenant contract.not sure what the set up at monarch is regarding longhaul got a feeling theres no chance until permenant.at excel they are trying to get an icelandic reg aircraft converted over to british reg.once this has happened all crew will get chance to do longhaul as at the moment people are fleeted as cannot operate too many different aircraft types.crew are all very friendley none of the old school type dragons in charge excel wont stand for it!!.not sure about money excels juniors are not paid the greatest it they get some nitestops this does improve and there are nitestops on shorthaul.tell her good luck in her desision:ok:

Rogi
11th Feb 2005, 14:36
Thanks hostiegirl.
She is probably going for XLA in the hope to get lots of longhaul. I think they`re very similar though. Not sure about the money...

Rogi
12th Feb 2005, 12:06
apparently you only get shorthaul at first with XLA and with Monarch you get a mix straight away. Anybody ??

DarkStar
13th Feb 2005, 06:58
hostiegirl - 747-236 G-BDXJ for example?

hostiegirl
13th Feb 2005, 13:27
:confused: dark star i have no idea on our longhaul fleet as i am on shorthaul

DELTABOY
13th Feb 2005, 21:26
G-BDXJ....sounds like a European Air Crisis B-747 crate!:{

XL ONE
15th Feb 2005, 12:48
Promotion prospects at Excel are pretty good too. 1.5yrs to A/P and 3 yrs to Purser. So although the basic junior sallary at XL is pobably worse than Monarch, it will go up quicker.

Rogi
16th Feb 2005, 15:17
spoke with an Air Atlanta guy flying the 747; no jumbo going to Excel he said.

Anyway : Monarch or Excel ??

Rachie
17th Feb 2005, 19:14
I got told that XLA you only got european turnarounds for your first season