PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 3 crew?

Mr Nice guy
22nd Apr 2001, 14:51
Just wondering, is a 2 crew or 3 crew cockpit environment better? I'm not appealing to safety issues (let's assume this is a short flight)... but i just want to know which config. usually makes for a better 'atmosphere' in the cockpit. Look forward to all your comments!

HUSTLER
22nd Apr 2001, 14:58
It's pretty uncomfortable with a checky sitting right behind you!!!

Guru
22nd Apr 2001, 18:46
"Good morning Captain, I'm doing a check with you on this flight. Now, when I tap my hand on the back of your seat I want you to do a nose dive, a bit like an emergency stop in a driving test. And then after we have landed, I'd like you to reverse-park the aircraft at gate 41 please."

18Wheeler
23rd Apr 2001, 02:45
I think that he means two pilots, or two pilots and a Flight Engineer as such. ;)

Three crew is the go for me - There's some bloody good FE's out there, and they're a real benefit to any operation. Good to talk to, as well.

mole
23rd Apr 2001, 04:42
Yes you are right, however, what a shame CX saw fit to make all it's career FE's redundant in favour of "new joiner" F/E's in 1999. Can you justify that to me please?

Guru
23rd Apr 2001, 15:15
Mole,

is it true that ALL FEs have been replaced by 'new joiners'? the father of a friend of mine is(?) an FE, i hope he's still there.