PDA

View Full Version : Vote of no confidence

jagman
6th Mar 2001, 10:59
Just wondering whether the AOA (or anyone) has ever thought of suggesting that one of the items on the agenda of the next EGM is a vote of no confidence in our FOPS management in general and KB in particular.
What an incredible blow to their egos.
What question for Turdy to have to answer when London find out. Perhaps London think all is well?
What if 99% of the members voted that their lives had been disrupted enough now by penny pinching and lies when surely Management should be planning ahead and refining instead of putting out fires and intimidating good people - and we are good people - we weren't like this 9 years ago when all this started.
9 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on this would embarass the hell out of them.

[This message has been edited by jagman (edited 06 March 2001).]

10sne1
6th Mar 2001, 15:46
Jag; You may recall that there was an attempt to put a similar motion forward when that cnnt Clemmow was DFO. I can't remember the reason why but it was never put forth. I will say, however, the membership is in a very different mood these days. Who knows, it might work this time.

jagman
11th Mar 2001, 15:35
Thanks for that. I seem to recall something too but, judging by the lack of response to this topic (notwithstanding yet another piece of creative accounting) the apathy still reigns supreme.
Last (only) big profit share we got just after such a scheme was intro'd we had 2.99 months and we didn't make anything like 5 Billion. Also we had more employees so is this an inferior scheme or what.
Just let's find out what the Directors give themselves. 6 weeks plus 6000 bucks - yeh right!!!!!

Midnight Rambler
11th Mar 2001, 22:00
The issue is not whether or not we have confidence in them - I know I and everyone else I speak to does not - but that, even if there was a 100% vote of no confidence, would they give a damn?

[This message has been edited by Midnight Rambler (edited 11 March 2001).]

18weeler
12th Mar 2001, 08:31
They would if we didn't go to work until they all resigned!!!!

Midnight Rambler
12th Mar 2001, 14:42
That's a different matter.

Mapshift
16th Mar 2001, 23:14
Having recently resigned from a US major carrier, I find it interesting to peruse various forums on Pprune, and find y'all to be a very unhappy lot in general...y'all's conditions down there seem to be definitely above average compared to most expat postings..what's the deal...just curious?

indeepsht
17th Mar 2001, 04:48
M.S

Having resigned from a MAJOR U.S carrier shows you to be as big a fool as your posting reads!

Why don't you come and see for yourself how "good" our lot is compared to other expat postings!

Your a long way off on this assumption!

B.T.W. which major and why? If you think things here are better your a very misguided individual!!

Come on join! I dare you!!

Thrust
17th Mar 2001, 07:30
Mapshift, we are a bit angry in S.E.A. at the moment. We once had excellent (reasonable) expat conditions but although the company has made BILLIONS of US$ profit during the last 8 years our conditions of service have been systematically erroded. The rich get richer and the worker gets shafted.

As an expat pilot we are poor cousins to the expat lawyers, bankers and financial bull**** artist's in our midst. Time to even the scales.

[This message has been edited by Thrust (edited 17 March 2001).]

Mapshift
17th Mar 2001, 08:44
thrust...thanks for the brief..."in deepsht"...well you sound like you are full of it, that's why you are in it...don't know much about things "external" did do a brief stint at gf as i retired early,(what an adventure) just observing expat as they appear on paper, y'all's looks like one of the top ones...not aware of the undercurrent...that's why I ASKED...

indeepsht
17th Mar 2001, 12:00
"as they appear on paper huh!"

Don't bother wasting your time reading the paper cuz it don't mean **** ! They just keep changing things to suit the ever changing global economic situation!

By all means don't listen to me or the rest of us "whingers" come see for yourself!

Mapshift
18th Mar 2001, 02:48
won't be able to come there...too old...seems some magical switch goes off in your body when you reach 60 years old...hope you become happier there my "in deepsht"...coz when you reach my age, lots of things seem mighty trivial...and it's a real shame to waste years being unhappy...enjoy it while you can..coz soon you'll be like me...

indeepsht
18th Mar 2001, 04:54
So the purpose of you visiting us on this forum was what exactly?

To tell us how good we have it here? Our expat package compared to others?

I'd respect you alot more old timer if next time you visit us you had something constructive to say about something you've got a F***ing clue about!

man in black
18th Mar 2001, 12:06
Gentlemen:

As a sympathetic outsider and frequent passenger who has read hundreds of submissions on this topic over the past months, I have two queries:

(1) If you were to take "action", do you believe the step would have the desired result?

(2)If the answer to the first is in the affirmative, then why don't you?

As a "fan sitting in the bleachers", its naturally easy to tell you to strike as other than the disruption to flights, my family and I will not suffer the way that yours will, but longer-term, won't you be better off?

jagman
18th Mar 2001, 13:33
Gents - whilst I appreciate your 'bashing each other' tone (actually I don't) I would remind you that the title of this topic relates to the AOA fielding a 'vote of no confidence' in our Managers as an item on the agenda at an EGM. Perhaps the way in which this topic has degenerated is symptomatic of the lack of focus in our so called Association and indeed ourselves.
Come on guys - if you have nothing to say, start your own new topic - this is a serious suggestion to embarass our so called leaders.

Thrust
18th Mar 2001, 15:02
I'm one of the worst offenders at going off the topic I know but sometimes it seems right to answer a question or correct a misconception.

The motion of no confidence is a reasonable one. The last time the motion came from the floor, several years ago, we weren't as cohesive as today and some of the "usual suspects" thought we would be poking sticks at tigers. Today is more like poking sticks at kittens. Managements inability to manage properly is indefensible this time. Their performance demonstrates the correctness of this motion (if put). Our home lives are a misery as a result of their ineptitude.

I for one have no confidence in CX management and would support a motion to state that.

Midnight Rambler
19th Mar 2001, 00:23
Since my last posting I have been persuaded, once again by my roster, that I was completely wrong to assume that things were ever going to get better.

Count on my vote!

Mapshift
19th Mar 2001, 02:57
My reasons for visiting this forum are as reasonable as are yours for making these postings there mr "in deep sht" (read full of sht)...you post your opinions seeking the support of your colleagues, others read your postings...mmmmm what a novel idea...anyway...best wishes in your efforts to preserve and/or improve your working conditions and job security...

Midnight Rambler
19th Mar 2001, 09:01
Don't take it personally, Mapshift, probably just having a bad-hair day.

Sizzle
20th Mar 2001, 13:30
For some time now I have kept quiet on this forum and diverted my comments thru the AOA medium but I really think you are onto something here.

God knows it is worth a try and I think London would sit up and listen to any plauseable excuse for the airline cancelling 50% of it's 255/4 services these past few months.

It would also perhaps speed up the change in management that has been discussed in London recently ( see FT 2/3/01 ).

AOA should have a go.

cheklapsap
20th Mar 2001, 14:21
Someone IS having a go!

New China Driver
20th Mar 2001, 14:32
( see FT 2/3/01 ).

Does anyone have this? Can you paste it in here for us to see please?

Regds
NCD