PDA

View Full Version : Antipodean Air Charter

wrxsubby
8th Feb 2005, 04:57
Any wannabes out there who have applied to Antipodean Air Charter?

Luke SkyToddler
8th Feb 2005, 05:27
Nope.

It sounds suspiciously like something the Guvnor was trying to flog on these pages a couple of years ago ... except even less credible :rolleyes:

If it gets off the ground I'll be amazed, and if it does and subsequently lasts more than 3 months before going spectacularly broke, I'll be absolutely stupefied.

wrxsubby
8th Feb 2005, 18:51
And whats makes you think that, AAC have paid for the lease of Aircraft, and have made argeements with hotels etc, as i have been employed by them, i and other crew have been recieving updates thru email. I had the chance last month to meet the CEO at the office in Brighton, i saw pictures of the airecrft, the reservations setup etc. How do you know how long it will last. If only you new the ins and outs and had more info, instead of going off the limited info from these forums and the AAC website.

Luke SkyToddler
8th Feb 2005, 20:02
Well why don't you tell us the ins and outs then matey potatey, cos it sure looks like a big fat lemon to me :D

Come on ... a single solitary TRISTAR?? All configured in BUSINESS CLASS? Trying to take business traffic off the Star Alliance / Oneworld on the UK / Australasia routes? Punters (and especially business class ones) are not as stupid as they look. And the Tristar is not so much yesterday's aeroplane as 50 years ago's aeroplane. What exactly is the secret attraction that is going to cause the business class travelling public to forsake their global network of executive lounges and frequent flyer miles, and 21st century aircraft fleets, and come flocking to you with your single battered old L1011?

Either there is some opportunity here that every other airline entrepreneur in the world aka Branson and co have failed to grasp, or this investment is right up there with Florida swamp real estate.

wrxsubby
8th Feb 2005, 22:37
Don't forget the other 4 L1011-250 with 337 seats that are going to be used for flights from UK to australia for holiday makers, the attraction could be the fares.
Id tell you the ins and outs , but it specifically says AAC crew update.
Also the L1011-500s which will join the fleet in the near future.The L1011 aircraft one of the best safety records of any aircraft, and also no aircraft has crashed due to age.
I can see your in the wannabe forum as you sound like a negivtive person, you should be glad about new airlines, gives people like you and me a chance to become a flight attendant. With the L1011-50 its going to configured with 129 seats for special bussiness charters, now im not sure what that mean, but if you have so many questions im sure Glen the CEO, would love to hear from you.

Meeb
9th Feb 2005, 03:22
I saw pictures of the aircraft

Oh well then its going to happen isn't it.... :p

Sorry mate, couldn't resist it....

But I am with Luke on this one.... :rolleyes:

wrxsubby
9th Feb 2005, 06:21
We were in Brighton, and the aircraft were in Jordon, I dnt think you guys should be mocking AAC, if you guys are in the wannabes forum. What makes you think it aint going to happen, AAC have put thru payments on the aircrafts and i know this because i was chating to a lady from Flightstar in USA she said they recieved full payment.
Sooo pesimistic, it will happen, there must be a niche out there other wise the CEO, who has been in the airline industry for a very long time would be sarting this operation.
Who do you guys fly for? or you just hang around the wannabes forum, for fun.
I started this topic here to see if any of you guys have herd of AAC so ou can apply next time they recruit, i guess i shouldnt have don't it if all the replies would be negitive says its never gonna happen etc.

:sad: :*

Luke SkyToddler
9th Feb 2005, 09:55
Yessiree - I bet all those business travellers flying between the UK and Australia are just wishing for someone with a Tristar to come along and put them out of their misery :rolleyes: After all, at the moment if you want to get from here to Aus in business class you only have the pathetically limited choice of BA, Virgin, Qantas, Air New Zealand, Cathay, Emirates, Singapore, United, KLM, Thai, Malaysian, Japan Airlines, Garuda, Korean, Aerolineas Argentinas, Air China and a few others whose names I forget. Yep sounds like a right new little niche in the market you've found there, just crying out for someone to put an uneconomic 40 year old trijet on it. Wish I had thought of that one first!

I don't know what YOUR background is, but if you are trying to do some subtle recruiting for your company then you are not only breaching PPruNe rules but you're making a right pig's ear of it. I don't have any questions that I would particularly like to direct to your mate 'Glen' the 'CEO' except perhaps, (all gained by a few seconds of googling)

1. why is his alleged launch date already 6 months overdue

2. why has he experienced such a complete dearth of interest from any respectable aviation news media, and

3. if he's got all this money and wheeling and dealing with the Air Atlanta big boys, why is he still using a rent-a-parking-space for his website and a hotmail account?

As for
gives people like you and me a chance to become a flight attendant
thanks mate, but the chance to become a flight attendant is an opportunity I would like to take shortly after hell freezes over :D

Good luck to you and your start up airline in your endeavours. Feel free to come back to me when you have an aircraft, a customer base and a profitable balance sheet, then by all means I would like to submit my application.

wrxsubby
9th Feb 2005, 19:08
No way am i trying torecruit at all, thats not my place to do that, I was just wondering if anyone would submit an application when they next recruit.
Overdue date, there is no over due date on the website, it you go to www.antipodeanaircharter.com you'll go to the updating website.
And you say to get back to you once he has an aircraft well, like i said before, 4 L1011-250's and 1 L1011-50, and as for 40 year old, not even bro.
This is my last post here i think, im sick of you negative comments

Tinstaafl
10th Feb 2005, 01:43
They may be negative, but they're also realistic. If it does happen then good luck to all involved however so far it's all promises but nothing concrete.

In this industry - and many others - you believe it when the hardware arrives, the AOC is hanging on the wall and the plane departs on regular revenue flights. And most importantly, your paycheck is is honoured.

Flirt Attendant
10th Feb 2005, 05:26
I have attended interviews with this "airline" last year. It was great, about 10 of us sat around a dingy hotel room and had a great old "chat". At the end we were all offered the job. Woo hoo!! The CEO left a lot to be desired, great conversationalist-yes, manangement material-NO. He did not even give us a presentation on the "company", we had to ask questions. Having worked in the industry for numerous years and been to countless interviews I am certain it will be a cold day in hell before AAC gets off the ground.

wobblyprop
10th Feb 2005, 13:42
if the pictures are true to life of the interior of the aircraft, there is no inflight entertainments system.

To the best of my knowledge nearly all the other airlines operating to aus from london have IFE in each seatback. Good reason not to go AAC

wrxsubby
10th Feb 2005, 20:58
Nope Thai Airways does, i flew them to the UK last month.
As for Flirt Attendant.
not very nice comments bout Glen, When i was in the UK, i went to the offices etc saw the set-up and where there reservations will take place.
As you are certian AAC wont get off the ground, just intrested, have you got another job?
Just curious how many charter airlines have entertainment systems on the back of the seats? AAC is just starting, have to crawl before you can walk, possble upgrat the interior down the track.
What otel were you interviewed at?
Well have to wait and see. Have you told Glen your thoughts of AAC im sure he would love to know.

Artificial Horizon
10th Feb 2005, 22:04
This has got to be a p*ss take, I can't see anyone seriously booking tickets on these charter services when you have already got a huge selection of airlines flying to Aus for fairly reasonable prices. I certainly can't see how a new start up using out of date equipment will be able to compete on the cost per mile basis.

Having said that if it is a genuine attempt to start something new and exciting up then I wish them all the luck in the world, they will certainly need it.

All I can say is: DON'T PAY ANYTHING TO THESE GUYS ON THE PROMISE OF YOUR BIG BREAK IN RETURN FOR MONEY TO COMPLETE THE RATING!!!!

wrxsubby, I didn't think you were going to make any more posts!!:)

Flirt Attendant
11th Feb 2005, 03:42
wrsubby, I attended an interview in Perth at the Mercure hotel, think it was in April or May (cant remember). My comments about Glen are purely objective. Good luck to him and anyone who chooses to join his airline...but beware you have been warned. There are too many unanswered quetsions in relation to AAC.....
Now as for moi...wrxsubby I am currently employed in the industry and have been for 10 years, as cabin crew and ground staff, in Australia and overseas....I think I am "qualified" to have an opinion. I'm sorry if you don't like it but sometimes the truth hurts!!! :{

wobblyprop
11th Feb 2005, 13:32
and some people are unable to see the truth.

wrxsubby
16th Feb 2005, 06:29
I can see the truth, and all things look positive. Im guessing its our different opioions on the matter, because i feel you don't wanna see the truth that AAC will start.
You can say AAC will all through till your blue in the face, but there are many people out there that think otherwise

Engineer
16th Feb 2005, 07:05
Getting back to the thread before you all scratch each others eyes out.

The L1011 operator in the Middle East is looking for Flight deck crew for long term contracts so one can assume that something is afoot. Which would tie in with AAC's grand plan

wobblyprop
16th Feb 2005, 08:20
It's not that we don't want it to start, personally I'd question whether the capacity is there to support it.

AAC starting will be good for a lot of people, engineers, pilots, cabin crew etc.

wrxsubby
16th Feb 2005, 21:34
Yeah exactly, offering jobs etc to heaps of people, After chating with other AAC cabin crew recruits, they have told me that AAC will prodominatly (excuse the spelling) be carrying Sports groups, Religious groups, troop movements, and those toursits who want cheap fares from UK o Australia. AAC might not have the flashest fleet, but you have to crawl before you can walk.