PDA

View Full Version : The Spud Gun is Aimed

Mean, Nasty & Tired
7th Feb 2005, 22:16
The maddening crowd has gathered

Nooses are being drawn and strong trees located

The Spud gun has taken aim at Mr Potato head

ALAEA members around the country have massed together to call for the downfall of their former and much maligned union ceo

Seems all their grief over the last ten years has stemmed from one source and the wish higher level management to know they are willing to negoiate an EBA that includes his dismissal almost immediately

Anyone else reinterate this present predicament ?

Do the LAMEs really hate this dweeb that much ?

Is he the Dr Evil of Qantas ?

This begs the question who is Austin Powers ?

Or more importantly Fat Bast@#d ?

Don't lose heart gents, sometimes allies come from the most unlikely places :ok:

sport
8th Feb 2005, 02:20
I can't imagine how a big company like qf can have any respect for a man that can be bought so easily, he is obviously a man of little integrity, surely that is needed in business...................what am I saying he fits perfectly into the dixon style of management, the only god is the $$$$$$$$$$.

Therefore I feel he will be around at least until dixon moves on, we can only hope someone offers him a bigger package.....do you think Singapore airlines might want him?

Bruce Vincent
8th Feb 2005, 10:40
Who is Mini- me???

Orville
8th Feb 2005, 11:13
Sorry what's the question again?

Is there some relevance to this?

Do you want us to ask WHO or WHAT you mean?

OK I WILL ASK.......Don't know ....Who?

Mean, Nasty & Tired
10th Feb 2005, 09:55
Well word on the tarmac in Sydney is that a certain Mgr was visited by his immediate superior (never happened before) and the table was thumped.

What is going on ?

Why are the LAMEs so unhappy ?

Delays and scheduled maintenance have gone through the roof

Who is responsible ?

Do we have manpower issues in MEL and SYD ?

You will fix it soon the big guy is breathing down my neck some b@#tard is sending him delay reports ?

One inter office phonecall - 0 cents
A short walk across mascot - 345 KJ
Short inquisition spanish style - 400 KJ

Look on MPH's face when told about the delay reports - Priceless

Never ever ever ever give in ever

Long live solidarity

:ok:

socks
10th Feb 2005, 12:38
Perhaps all stations should be C.C. ing Geoff in on their delay reports if they are not already doing it

The Fremantle Doctor
12th Feb 2005, 02:08
Mean, Nasty & Tired

We had a similar situation on afternoon shift. Manager came in for a 'chat' and started probing for answers to what would make L.A.M.E's happy.

Seems the cracks are beginning to show. To our credit (I believe) we didn't give them anything.

Rule One of negotiation: Let them show their hand before you show yours. They may be willing to offer much more than we ever thought possible to make their problems go away.

And one things for sure. If they DO offer something descent, their problems will 'go away' very quickly.

Orville
12th Feb 2005, 02:45
I also hear on the grape that Q.eng'r management want the lames to take over IFE work and are offering extra staff at all stations to handle it.

Another instance where the managers got it wrong and wouldn't listen to those who know better.

To pay for your mistake it's going to cost you alot more than just an additional 2 engineers per station.

We were once prepared to do it with no additional staff, we just asked for training, but OH NO you know better. NOT !!!

QFinsider
12th Feb 2005, 20:36
Good to see what a lil backbone does...AIPA (pilot's haven't got any)
The engagement survey may also highlight the fact that we are sick of this penny pinching, no strategy approach..

Returning to the backbone, I don't think AIPA will hold out for anything other than magic beans and mirrors.

The second last communication from the union stated our significant gains at EBA time. This week states we are looking at a 3% rise with offests.

Funnily enough the original position was no offsets as a benchmark and 3%....

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for the union and membership as a collective has no spine!
:mad:

Stick with it