PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean ?

lamjura
4th Mar 2001, 08:47
I just now received an acknowledgement from CX which goes like this....

" Thanks for your completed application,it will be held in our file for future consideration. If later we are in position to invite you for an initial interview, we will contact you "

Has anyone receievd similar reply ?

Does receiving such letter mean you have to wait for ever or something ( or may be forget about it ?). Would appreciate it if some one could shed some light on it..

Thanks in advance!

------------------
look & you shall see....
listen & you shall hear..
seek & you shall find....

Thrust
4th Mar 2001, 10:10
What licences do you hold? What is your experience level? It's hard to answer your question without that info too.

Don't despair, 12 years ago I received a letter from CX that I thought was the don't bother type and that night was contacted by phone and offered a job.

Stick with it and good luck.

lamjura
4th Mar 2001, 10:40
Dear Thrust!

Thanks alot for your reply.

I have over 2500 hours and more than 2000 in Turbo prop out of which 500 PIC.I hold FAA & ICAO ATPL. Valid 1st class medical and instrument current. I hope this info. is sufficient enough.

I wanted to know how long do I wait for initial interview call after receiving such letter. For a while I thought..may be that is their way of politely saying NO. Has any one recieved similar letter and was contacted later ?( how about the time frame ?).Would appreciate any info. on this.

Thanks once again and happy landings :)!!

Lamjura

------------------
look & you shall see....

Longslip
4th Mar 2001, 11:29
Your qualifications seem to be fine. I know both the training and recruitment departments at CX are in something of a state of disarray at the moment. I'd say they cannot take the numbers they want to and, until they create sufficient space in the training machine, the influx will slow down. It is definitely not a NO.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Longslip (edited 04 March 2001).]

jagman
4th Mar 2001, 12:40
FLUX meaning Floundering and Lying Under Xtremely chaotic conditions - sorry chaps - a bit of light relief.........

Longslip
4th Mar 2001, 14:11
You must have read that before I edited it, jags, but that is pretty much what I meant when I used the word - hence the change to disarray. Flux/influx - too much flux?

Flux them all, I say.

lamjura
4th Mar 2001, 14:18
hey longslip!

Thanks much for the info. So, it is a wait and see game for a while then...!

Happy landings,

lamjura
7th Mar 2001, 07:00
BTW Has any one received such letter ? if yes how long after receiving such letter were you contacted for an Interview ?
Thanks for youe answer....!

------------------
look & you shall see....

Kilted Pilot
7th Mar 2001, 21:38
Cathay received my application on the 24th of Feb and they sent the same form letter to me on the 28th. The application said that all correspondences would be acknowledged, so I trust this is a standard reply. Mr Tony Penny said my time looked good and my time is quite similar to your own, so I would remain hopeful for an interview in the future. I am also curious as to how long after the app has been submitted should one get a phone call .

WTF...?
8th Mar 2001, 18:30
I wouldn't hold my breath as I waited by the phone, it sounds like the classic P.F.O. response to me.

Polar-bear
9th Mar 2001, 13:04
Hi Lamjura

I wouldn't worry too much, I received that letter after I had been offered an interview.

It is obviously just a standard reply to anyone who contacts them.

All the best

Polar-bear

MaxReheat
9th Mar 2001, 19:20
Lamjura

I'm another one who received the same reply and, I must confess, was not too optimistic about hearing anything from Cathay again. I have 1500 hrs 'medium' jet time on top of turbo time.

Has any UK applicant from the December FI ad received an interview yet?
--------------------------
Apres moi le deluge!

KaptainKangaroo
10th Mar 2001, 10:58
I have about 5 postcards from them with a picture of a 747 on it...i'm not wasting my stamps anymore !!

3000 total time
1200 tprop
atpl
regional captain

[This message has been edited by KaptainKangaroo (edited 10 March 2001).]

sxe
13th Mar 2001, 17:50
HI lamjura.
I have the same sort of flying experience as yours and I am offered early this year.
Be Patient and you should have a buzz from TP soon.
SXE

Jet Man
15th Mar 2001, 13:53
Lamjura
Have you got an actual application form current - ie. you update using the official forms or do you just send CVs in?
I have had an application in for a while and just receive the postcards when I update.
In January I showed a mate of mine the Dec advert and he called CX in Hong Kong (without ever having an application in) and got an interview in Feb! He has about 500 hrs command on medium jet.
Also I assume we talking about freighter fleet!?

lamjura
16th Mar 2001, 16:47
Hi Jet Man!

This is the first ( Jan. last week ) time I have applied in Cx. I was sent an application form with a PRN Number which i filled up and sent back. After which I received the letter stating "they will contact in the future".

Just read in the FI that they will be hiring 150 S/O's and about 60 F/O's this year. Any one with any idea as when are they likely to conduct the next interview ?

Cheers !