PDA

View Full Version : CX Cadet Pilot eyesight?

BigTimeWannabe
4th Mar 2001, 04:40
I'm interested in applying for CX Cadet Pilot, but I don't think my eyesight is up to scratch. I meet CAA Class 1 eyesight, and apparantly that's good enough for BA, but how'bout CX?

Any feedback I'd be grateful!

BTW

V1,Vr,V2
4th Mar 2001, 08:29
E-Mail me BTW.

SuperSandwich
4th Mar 2001, 23:08
Eye sight should be ok. I have known of ex-cadets who wore glasses even before they got onto the course. The thing is that its not just the eyesight. You need to have Permanent residence/right of abode in HK. Should try though.
Regards.

BigTimeWannabe
4th Mar 2001, 23:12
SuperSandwich,

I've got HK residence, it's only eyesight I'm worried about. My eyesight is not great uncorrected but better than 20/20 corrected. I just want to find out what their upper limits on eyesight is. As I meet CAA Class 1 eyesight standard

Cheers

BTW

wishtobeapilot
5th Mar 2001, 08:02
BTW

I don't know what your eyesight is but CX prefers to select candidates who has less than -3 diopters in terms of basic vision requirements. Anything over -5 diopters pretty well cuts out your chances.

Mr Nice guy
5th Mar 2001, 20:14
I have been to a few selection tests and especially at stage 2 after the med. test, all in my group had no glasses. (a few had glasses in stage 1). I think the SO program is less strict with eyesight because you pay for most of your own training but they pay for your training if you enter as a cadet. I guess experience is also a factor in the SO selection but not so much the case for the cadet program. I'm not absolutely certain of CX policies, but if i were managment, i'd certainly go for the ones with good vision....

BigTimeWannabe
6th Mar 2001, 16:51
Just trying to keep the post alive.

Thanks

BTW

BigTimeWannabe
11th Mar 2001, 18:08
I would like to know about KA's (Dragonair) eyesight requirement aswell, Thanks.

BTW