PDA

View Full Version : HKAOA EGM 19th April

Thrust
19th Apr 2001, 16:11
Just back from the EGM.

All over in 27 minutes. No further business.

After the "official" business a 2 1/2 hour forum was held including a video from an ex- union buster. The similarities between our company and others is "striking" (no pun intended)

It would seem that we will give the company until the end of April for the rostering negotions to go our way and a few days after for the company to sort itself out, if this doesn't happen,..... then the wheels will really fall off!

We will call an EGM in mid May and sort this mess out once and for all if the company does not put a major ego aside and see things with sense and reason. (read here money) I'm all for a confrontation if that's what our useless "management" want.

Why not throw another billion after the last 1/2 billion DT, KB and NR? You are fools to yourselves only, we are not afraid any more! I suggest you kiss and make up before you kiss good night!

Take note management.

[This message has been edited by Thrust (edited 19 April 2001).]

bigblackdog
20th Apr 2001, 04:58
Dear beentheredonethatandlearntnothing, if you were a member of the AOA or had been paying attention you might have followed the story. We will see some action one way or the other, you can count on it. Don’t yawn too much or you might nod off and miss the show.

Thrust
20th Apr 2001, 05:27
You obviously don't have the right or the energy to attend meeting's. Believe me when I say it's coming to a head. You have no idea the position the company has backed itself into regarding rostering. They have 2 weeks to sort it out or the wheels really will fall off.

unabungler
20th Apr 2001, 10:22
VERY TRUE THRUST
This, ladies and gents, most definitely IS coming to a head.
The wheels of management WILL fall off in May.
We are the AoA and will see to it that the likes of this inept and unsafe management, with their dangerous policies will never again set foot inside of this company.
WE have that power.
ALL we have to do is excercise it.
It will be excercised in the next few weeks.

Decide now ladies and gents what position you wish to take.

Decide now to side with a Union/Asociation that is gathering strength at a great pace...

...or decide to side with a group of inept individuals whose race has alredy been run.
They are finished!!

Phlap1
20th Apr 2001, 17:06
People this is probably my one and only post.
If this company is purely trying to increase
profits then they are totally inept and deserve to fail. My belief is that CX
has been directed to sell to mainland forces.
As a longer term employee I could swallow
their having to bail out. But if its all
just another money grab at our expense God
help them.

GK
21st Apr 2001, 00:20
Phlap1:

You are right. Looks like Hainan airlines will take over CX.

PPRuNe Towers
21st Apr 2001, 18:47
Interested in your opinions on the video?

Was a copy left with your association and is it something that would be of genuine use to other aircrew unions and associations?

Whilst I'm fairly certain it will be privately owned and copyrighted it's certainly worth asking about. We'd be happy to distribute entirely for free from the Towers.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
[email protected]

------------------

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 21 April 2001).]

BusyB
22nd Apr 2001, 16:12
Yes, Its worth a look. Its partly based on a book "Confessions of a Unionbuster". You wouldn't want a mortgage from this guy though!!