PDA

View Full Version : cathay salaries and benefits

waitingfornomorega
6th Jan 2001, 11:46
probably been asked a million times, but i am interested to know salaries and benefits for all pilot positions within cx, including if possible, accomodation allowances etc.
there are many stories within the australian industry as to how much you will get paid, and the amounts just seem unrealistic.
any info would be great.
also i was told you could take an aussie base if you wish. pay cut for that???

too many questions i know

thanks

New China Driver
6th Jan 2001, 12:18
Take the time to scroll through the last 100 days or so to build up a picture of what goes on here or alternatively use the search option.

All the info you need will be there to help you make a decision to apply....or not.

waitingfornomorega
6th Jan 2001, 17:44
old china driver,

thanks for your reply, however after alot of searching i found out about a-scale and b-scale, i know nothing about, and alot of talk (complaints) about wages with no real mention of amounts. i fugure that you take a substantial pay cut ( maybe 25-30% ) for non hk base, but i really just want to know SO FO wages for say, up to five years service.
it doesnt sound like you guys are having too much fun in hk due to mgmt.surprise surprise, happens everywhere. whatever happened to " a good days work, for a good days pay"

SMOC
7th Jan 2001, 00:30
1st year S/O $ 31,275 pm.
1st year JF/O $ 47,982 pm.
1st year F/O $ 62,393 pm.

Housing 14-20,000 as S/O. (don't expect anything great).
Housing 40-60,000 as JF/O-F/O,Capt.

Buy a house and make that your Supa Fund, as the retirement package is crap.
Look up a thread called "Cost of Living......"
Yes you will take a pay cut for a basing.

As a single guy you can easily spend $10,000 a month on living (lifestyle/food) if you don't life will suck.

[This message has been edited by SMOC (edited 06 January 2001).]

waitingfornomorega
7th Jan 2001, 04:53
smoc,
thanks for your reply.
what about if you have a family? i heard cx put you up in a 5 ***** hotel till you find suitable accomadation.

are they really that bad at cathay ( mgmt ) or is it that usa counterparts earn much more???

HardRock
7th Jan 2001, 07:07
They call it a 5***** hotel, because they own it. And, it's connected to the buidings you do all your training in...so... there'e no escape!
(P.S. They are that bad.)