PDA

View Full Version : Accident/Incident History

Nev Bartos
6th Feb 2005, 08:17
I am interested wether or not the following should be considered as an accident/incident on a pilots history.

1.) Over - Temp turbine

2.) Downwind take off resulting in a forced landing

3.) Vortex State on approach to confined area.

NB.

flyer43
6th Feb 2005, 10:48
Depends whether you want to get the job or not!! I'd be rather interested to know why you took off downwind then ended up with a forced landing!
Did you have to file an MOR for any of them? That would be the guidance. Overtemp - Yes. Forced landing - Yes

NickLappos
6th Feb 2005, 11:36
I believe an accident is a reportable event, with FAA or CAA paperwork, and must be disclosed, if asked. I seriously doubt that an over-temp is reportable in most countries, and should not be volunteered, but again, if asked about ":maintenance incidents" or such, the truth is mandatory.

I know of nobody who volunteers this info on a resume, except when they say "x,xxx accident-free hours," as a positive.

You will be asked, so answer truthfully, of course. In my experience, a clear acceptance of responsibility and a brief learning indication are worth a thousand excuses and blamings of third parties.

Shawn Coyle
6th Feb 2005, 15:02
When you consider that you don't have to report engine failures in single engine heilcopters if you land without damage (in most countries), why should you have to report a bunch of other things?