PDA

View Full Version : installed xp, now game is very slow, and mouse is jerky, help

steve181
5th Feb 2005, 20:23
I used to have win 98 and my game IL2 Sturmovik (which says it operates on xp), worked fine. Then i got my computer reformatted and got xp installed with an extra 256mb RAM. fs2004 runs much better, the graphics have improved etc. IL2 on the other hand is just unplayable, because it's so slow, and unresponsive.

If it says it will work with xp, why is it so crappy? specially with the extra RAM.

rickity
6th Feb 2005, 22:01
You could try running it in win98 compatablity mode, if you can find the exe for the program and right click for properties and select compatability tab and mode win98, shouldn't do any harm

Rickity

Tonkatoy
8th Feb 2005, 14:29
If you can get decent results from FS2004 then IL2 should run well. I run both under XP.

In your case, I'd start going through your hardware drivers, in particular your graphics and sound card ones to make sure they are up to date.

However, my gut feel is that it might be your settings on your graphics card. IL2 is an old game and has no settings for some of the more advanced features of the graphics card you have and it's defaulting to the most intensive ones.

It might be useful to know more about the machine specs.