PDA

View Full Version : SQ006

Longslip
28th Feb 2001, 16:19
There's an interesting thread which is worth reading on the Rumours and News forum called "SQ006 Revisited". Much of it deals with the accident but much also relates to the corporate culture. There are some ominous similarities contained in the subtext and some very well thought out postings which bear significant relevance to our own operation and the management (?) thereof.

I'd be interested to hear the views of anybody who takes the trouble to read it. Definitely worth it.

[This message has been edited by Longslip (edited 28 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Longslip (edited 04 March 2001).]

BusAce
28th Feb 2001, 18:18
Well I'll be dam..d. Dont tell me that CX pilots have started to look outside the little world they live in. Dont get me wrong, please keep up the good work. Who knows maybe someday we will all realise that there is a world outside Hong Kong. I have read the mentioned SQ and I strongly recommend.

OVERTALK
3rd Mar 2001, 21:10
Which post are you referring to on that thread? I couldn't detect anything worthwhile lodging in my keep folder.

Longslip
4th Mar 2001, 14:23
There are approximately 114 posts on that thread. Many are not worth bothering with, as you suggest, but the ones that contain resonance for CX are those pertaining to (in no special order):

1. Corporate culture undermining airline safety/CRM.
2. The professional imperative of crews to adapt to changing circumstances and apply good judgement, particularly in severe to extreme conditions, regardless of the pressures of management.
3. The significance of ethnic diversity amongst crews and whether or not this could impact on our own operations. If so what do we need to do to address the potential for safety conflicts.

Etcetera. You make your own judgement as to the relevence of the views of Insider107 et al, but I found many of the posts interesting and salient.