PDA

View Full Version : Revenue concerns already

Samsonite
26th Feb 2001, 12:05
I was just reading last fridays post by management on intacx.They are already concerned about the revenue picture as is going down hill.Well maybe people are finally tired of riding on CX because everytime they show up there is some kind of a delay.Thats what happens when you get to cheap and make things to tight.Business people just can't stand for that no matter how good our product might be.I know it isn't because of anything us the pilot group are doing because they couldn't make our rosters any worse then they are now as i am down to my min 8 G days. These delays and problems are just all the mistakes that management have been making over the last few years that have added up to one big mess.

HardRock
26th Feb 2001, 18:42
With loads up 9.7% over Jan of last year, it makes me wonder just how much they have increased this years budget?

thepenguin
26th Feb 2001, 18:50
Well at least one thing is for sure: If they further reduce pilot salaries, everything will be better! Or so they believe!

Thrust
27th Feb 2001, 04:55
It's called "expectation management"

Make out time's are hard or getting that way and we all buckle down, work harder, keep our mouth's shut and request's to a minimun. Well not this time. We have saved the company from "ruin" once already and we are still paying for it. Enough already!

conan
27th Feb 2001, 09:47
Sorry you have all got it wrong!! When is profit share to be announced?? Soon me thinks!
Well start painting a bleak picture before the required payout = less profit share to be distributed = more money in Swires' bank account. I have no doubt that things are slowing a little but they are merely down slightly from the staggering heights of last year.
Sorry but I don't buy it!! The story of the little boy who cried WOLF once too often comes to mind.
They are still making obscene profits. Yet Nothing seems to be enough for them, this organisation has a voracious appetite for money. It's time it went on a diet!!!!!

Longslip
27th Feb 2001, 10:12
Done with waiting now.

HotDog
27th Feb 2001, 10:24
There is nothing obscene about profit; but not sharing it IS.

Thrust
27th Feb 2001, 10:38
Sorry Conan but the profit share is for profit generated from 01 Jan 2000 to 31 Dec 2000. That's set in concrete, depending on how they can hide it of course.

The present doom and gloom effects this year and therefore next years profit share. PS... was that a 77% load factor I saw yesterday?

wonderbusdriver
27th Feb 2001, 14:55
But gentlemen:

"Do you seriously want to risk the necessary planned expansion?
Size is all that matters in this business.
We have to factor in a slummping US-economy, rising fuel prices, and what about another possible crisis in the gulf?..."

"Yields are going down continuously.
Just to break even, we are looking at average load factors of 79%."

"With your totally exaggerated demands you are putting the future of the whole company at risk!"

"You have a responsibility towards all the other people working in this company!"

"Let´s sit down and work out pragmatic solutions."

Yeah, I´m so sick of it, too.
They´ve all been to the same schools...

Don´t let them smother you with "threats".
They can´t do without you!
(No, I´m not even in CX)

[This message has been edited by wonderbusdriver (edited 27 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by wonderbusdriver (edited 27 February 2001).]

conan
27th Feb 2001, 17:48
Good Grief,

I thought that you were serious for a moment. Good post though, ever considered joining the CX management team? on second thoughts please don't you are way too good :better to have you on our side.

wonderbusdriver
27th Feb 2001, 20:31
conan:

Thanks! You really made my day.

Now think of the mental pain your negotiators have to endure listening to this cr@p all the time.
They really need everybody´s support!!

BusAce
27th Feb 2001, 22:08
Dont forget, though, the bit where you sit in is connected to the bit where all the money come from... that is paid to you as salary. So dont blame it on delays etc. YOU can determine whether this outfit makes profit or not. Profit sharing is just that (Sharing the profit).
p.s. empty bit at the back = empty kitty.

BusyB
28th Feb 2001, 14:19
BusAce, bear in mind that CX Profitsharing schemes are designed with a one year payout followed by almost zero as you have to make twice as much profit to acheive the next target!!