PDA

View Full Version : CX Medical??

Ausviper
14th Apr 2001, 09:52
I have a interview with CX soon and I've heard that if you wear glasses that you'll get a no thanks letter. Any truth in it??
Also to make matters worse I've got the old colour vision problem but have passed the practical tower light test in OZ(Just miss out on the lantern by 1 and those books are iffy too) and now have no limits on my Lic here. :) The US has the same test and I was wondering would CX be happy with this and let me though if I make it??

------------------
What the f@#% was that????

[This message has been edited by Ausviper (edited 14 April 2001).]

Fixit
14th Apr 2001, 11:32
Aus, I wear glasses too (don't have colour vision problems though), if you hear anything about it please let me know. Whats your prescription? I wonder if anyone knows their limits on glasses?

Is this your first interview? Love to email you if you have any info to pass on. I'm still waiting for the call. Thanks.

good luck.

Mr Nice guy
14th Apr 2001, 19:16
well don't wait for your call online, that might be the reason why it's not gettin through! :)

Ausviper
18th Apr 2001, 01:53
Surely there must be a driver in CX that is on the boarder line for colour. Has anybody done the lantern test or will they accept the CASA letter saying I passed the tower light test??

Mr Nice guy
19th Apr 2001, 09:09
Also regarding the CX eye sight tests, does anyone know which line you have to be able to see for a pass (the letters chart).

on the glide
19th Apr 2001, 12:27
Guys,

Everybody feels they're okay and has
a 1 Class medical,but....
They've their criteria and mostly got
a letter from TP,to say good-luck and
thank you.
But that's the way it is.

Cheers...anyway.

Ausviper
20th Apr 2001, 17:41
Huh??
on the glide, you saying any colour problems your out?? If you pass the lantern your still out???
Please explain.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ausviper (edited 20 April 2001).]

soloman
20th Apr 2001, 21:25
Hi ausviper, when are you going to have ur interview? Could you tell me more about ur case? Haven't you filled in a form to declare your medical condition? I guess ur chances are there if CX's gonna interview you while having known your medical.

Ausviper
21st Apr 2001, 08:59
Well, my case is that I actually haven't updated for over a year(Due wedding/new job etc..) and got call totally out of the blue.
I've got 4500TT with 1500 twin with 750 Turbine PIC but they think I've only 3800 TT with 400 Turbine and still an Instructor.

I have no restrictions in this coutry and I have a letter from CASA( For whats its worth) saying that I've passed the tests CASA set to have no restrictions.i.e a clean medical sheet. The lantern is that I just missed out by one light but with practice I could make it over the required line. The tower light test I passed first go with problems while another guy failed it only 2 minutes later with the CASA FOI.

I also use to have glasses on my Medical but my eyes have improved over the years but I'm just on the line!!!
All I'm after is info as to wheather CX may be happy with just the Lantern or the Letter from CASA.
The medical form askes have you been investigated?? Well I think not becuase I've slimpy done the normal CASA medical tests for the issue of a medical in Australia.

I did say yes the question about has the Doc commenting on the Vision mainly because I did use to have wear glasses but now I'm to the standard without them plus the fact that he directed me to the next test with CASA(Colour).

May I be wrong??
Any CX Captain or F/O + S/O's out there got in with the same problem?? Please speak up.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ausviper (edited 21 April 2001).]

Night Hawk
25th Apr 2001, 02:26
Does the CX medical form require the report of the Eyes Doc's exam?? Anybody!!

------------------
If I can't eat it, drink it, shoot it or root it, I don't want to know about it!!

Geddy
25th Apr 2001, 14:50
It seems they are very hard on eyesight, they do a very extensive eye test during the medical. I have know a few guys who wore glasses who didn't get in and they seem to think it may have been that. Who knows?

MATT.H
30th Apr 2001, 05:22
Ausviper,,,How did your eyes improve over the years??What methods of correction are you using if any??I myself am trying Bates and it seems to be doing something...

Whenwe
30th Apr 2001, 11:48
Play a lot of squash without your glasses and keep your eye FOCUSSED on the ball. Very good excercise for your eye muscles and it is also good for the old ticker.
Worked for me some years ago.

WW

on the glide
1st May 2001, 08:58
to applicants,

with respect,just go for it maybe u r lucky!

ausviper,
Best of Luck for you.

on the glide(PRN 1045__)

Ausviper
1st May 2001, 12:15
Thanks!! :)
The eye doc stated that in board line cases that if you are short sighted(Difficult to see distance) that as your eyes naturally go down hill with age they counter out the short sightness to return the eyes to Class 1 standard but not to perfect. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ausviper (edited 01 May 2001).]