PDA

View Full Version : Going from jet to turboprop???

sk4644
4th Feb 2005, 20:34
Well this is all very premature as I am a low houred newbe but I really want to fly turboprops over jets anyday... . So just suppose in a month of Sundays that I got my job offer and it was on jets, lets say a 757 or an A320...Obviously I would accept, would be a fool not to, but I would still always hanker over flying turboprops. So the question I am asking is how easy is it to move from flying jets from low hours to flying the twin otter for example?? More to the point, how do turboprop operators view pilots who have gained all their commercial experience on jet aircraft??? Are they willing to take them on?

Any advice would be great, just something I worry about during my more optimistic moments!!!

sk

Boeing Freighter
4th Feb 2005, 22:45
I dont know for sure but ...

moving from Jets i would assume easy enough if given the training time needed , you would just change over like someone changing from Turbo-prop to Jet , learning all the differences.

Also , i am sure there is nothing to worry about regarding the Operators reluctancy to choose a pilot with Jet hours , many turbo-prop operators would see that as a plus ( i would think ) , so you should as well :ok:

Good Luck :)

Calum

sk4644
5th Feb 2005, 11:52
Thanks BF, now just need to find that job......