PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for apathy

jagman
23rd Feb 2001, 14:42
That's what NR and KB must be saying because we're letting them off the hook again and soon they'll have escaped and we can indulge in lots of 'what if' scenarios again.
33% of us (new joiners, just upgraded etc) are delighted with the package. They've never seen it so good - 3 years ago they were in GA earning a pittance. 33% of us are in the middle ground and too close to command to upset the apple cart.
The remaning % are either too close to retirement or so into Training (ASL etc etc) that we won't do a thing to rock our own boats or Porsches should I say.
So roll on Nick R - do as you will - you won't get much more that a bleat out of us..........and a weak one at that.

indeepsht
23rd Feb 2001, 16:15
Jagman... you are wrong!

I hope!!

If we collectivly back down again I for one am out of here. Actually I'm already sold on the idea.

Checkmate
24th Feb 2001, 05:48
We all have bad day Jaggers. Keep your chin up old chap. I think there are enough unhappy punters to upset DT's apple cart.

[This message has been edited by Checkmate (edited 24 February 2001).]

Thrust
24th Feb 2001, 07:18
Having attended one of the forum nights this last week I was suprised to see so many angry A-scale Porsche owners there. They were asking the right sort of questions of Nigel and his team.

I believe you might be suprised at the officers that have had enough. It's not just the guys in the middle of the picture but the pilots at both ends too. If any new joiner thinks he will have enough to retire on in say 30 years he is deluded.

Best we make a stand once and for all after the deadline for the rostering agreement passes without satisfactory conclusion. It is the opinion of some that NR & KB are dragging their feet on that issue as they don't have a reason based arguement against our proposals and are just cruising like a rudderless ship. NO EXTENSION on that this either! At the end of March we make our stand.

The AOA are very aware just how quickly they can call an EGM and just how much support they have. If we do bring things to a head though we had better stand as one and get what we want or we will be truely lost. This upcoming confrontation is our last chance.

Longslip
24th Feb 2001, 12:22
Fer chrissakes!

Something's got to break. Or is it something's got to break really badly before the managers (?) in this company take notice.

End of March then. Count me in.

had it
24th Feb 2001, 13:46
Thrust,

Thanks for the info regarding the forum nights. I have been unable to get to one and there has been a deathly silence about the issues discussed. The AOA really needs to get the message out to everyone even if it's only in general terms.

cheklapsap
25th Feb 2001, 06:33
What's being discussed at the Forum Nights will get around soon enough, both to the pilots and of course, the management.
Just be prepared to stand up and be counted!