PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in CHC

Banksman
4th Feb 2005, 16:40
:hmm: Is there trouble within CHC at monent and possibilities of job losses after contract losses.

332mistress
4th Feb 2005, 16:53
Don't know about CHC but strong rumours that at least one pilot and some engineers want to return to CHC because Bond is not what it used to be - no overtime and "you vill do as you are told" mentality. Not quite the right time to do that though!!!:{

332M

freeride
4th Feb 2005, 21:56

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be eh? Fancy working for a company where you have to do what you're told by the people paying you - disgusting.

joedirt
4th Feb 2005, 22:25
Contradictions for lack of better term is CHC’s big problem...they are so strong, they don't realize that their attitude is their biggest obstacle to long-lasting success.

SASless
4th Feb 2005, 23:37
Kinda like OLOG huh?

The old Bob Sugg's school of management thought process....need a pilot...just go to any Bourbon Street gutter.....funny how they fail to catch on that times have changed.

Joker's Wild
4th Feb 2005, 23:45
CHC will undoubtedly go the way of all previously large and arrogant Canadian operators through the years and simply implode.

For whatever reason, it just doesn't seem to be part of the Canadian operator's psyche to know when big is big enough.

What will be worth watching, however, is how the company reacts (read informs shareholders) when the first cracks in the armor start appearing.

Tynecastle
5th Feb 2005, 13:21
Any truth in the rumour that someone high up in the Scotia management has left the building????

joedirt
5th Feb 2005, 13:33
......the shrimp has left the barbie :oh:

max payload
5th Feb 2005, 13:34
... the Scotia Management has been moved to Vancouver ...

Tynecastle
5th Feb 2005, 14:00
Joedirt,
Okay, I think I know who you mean, is it Oz or Vcr though, quit or lateral promotion????

joedirt
5th Feb 2005, 14:13
.........my info is all third hand, but normally correct. I would be shooting in the dark on cause vs. effect ( Talisman ? )

MaxNg
5th Feb 2005, 16:48
Ian McBeath has resigned from CHC

The Ozzie big hit'er aint no more, and in his place is Mr Keith Mullett.

:mad:

quichemech
5th Feb 2005, 19:01
Not he of the haircut:oh:

roundwego
5th Feb 2005, 21:23
He surely can't have been pushed after such a short time. He must either have realized he was on a no winner or he has been made the scapegoat for previous poor management.

What difference would it have made if Dobin had picked the red management team after the takeover?

joedirt
5th Feb 2005, 22:32
Shows why pilots usually don't make good managing material....they smell bad wx miles away :ok:

ATPMBA
6th Feb 2005, 13:08
Quote: "first cracks in the armor start appearing"

I think we are already seeing that. I listened to a recent CHC shareholders conference call and they brought up their cash position and how they want to improve it. It's not good when a company is short on cash, it's usually a sign that there are other underlying problems.