PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa Strike/ CX Union ?

cws
12th Apr 2001, 19:48
Dear Gentlemen, I fly for LH and am involved in our current negotiations and preperations for a full strike in May, they offered us 1.48% for FOs and up to 7% for Capt a mayor insult I must say. We made a benchmarking in the preperations of our contract negotiations comparing salaries and workconditions etc.. and CX was one of the airlines involved with good results on the salary side. A goalpost for us I must say.You can imagine that we have many discussions here on your and other salaries etc.. and a few questions came up:
In all your topics here we are confused as to whether you have a union at all.
Does this union negotiate your contract? If yes what powers does it have. How is this all covered now that you belong to china-do you have labour laws protecting you and the union?
A frequnt argument was that you guys get payed well but!! china, no rights, labour laws etc. and so we cannot ask for more.

Can you strike-powers of union-?Can you sue them if they dont stick to the contract etc..
Maybe you could give us here an insight in your labour system.
What does china do in all this, do they honor contrakts at all. An impression here is that they tolerate everything as long it doesnt cost them money, but what happens if mainland thinks about doing the buisness themself what you are currently doing. would you have any chance protecting your company and contrakts against them?
We would appreciate some inputs on this.
P.s.: I am not writing in an offical funkiton or request by the VC - our union-

wonderbusdriver
13th Apr 2001, 11:28
> P.s.: I am not writing in an offical funkiton or request by the VC - our union-

Then don´t do it!! At least not now and not this way.
Get voted into the relevant commissions and do it there, please.
Contact VC ( www.vcockpit.de (http://www.vcockpit.de) )and they´ll give you all the info they have...

cws
13th Apr 2001, 18:37
I am voted and we do not have the asked info! Seems you did not understand the request I wrote. My PS was just for info that this information is for my personal interest in order to have some based
inputs in our current discussions, which you must have had also. This should be for our benefit.
So I hope informed CXers can shed some light on this.
Many thanks in advance

wonderbusdriver
13th Apr 2001, 22:53
Man dann schreib denen doch von der VC aus einen offiziellen Brief/email und die Jungs werden der sicher ausführlichst antworten!

Siehst doch was hier abgeht, sieht ausserdem (für mich und vermutlich für die Jungs auch) recht unprofessionel aus falls ein TK-Mitglied das so angeht.
Bin ja beim gleichen Verein und im selben Business - wahrscheinlich kennen wir uns sogar (dann würdest Du mich wahrscheinlich anhand meiner Reaktion erkennen...)

Hier ist die offizielle Website

http://bbs.hkalpa.org/public/default.htm

(eben gesucht und gefunden)
auf der Du auch die Adresse etc. findest.

Nichts für ungut.

short engl. version:

Use the official channels VC to AOA, and you´ll surely get an answer.

Sorry if I kept anyone from answering till now...

[This message has been edited by wonderbusdriver (edited 13 April 2001).]