PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Problem

Reds Blues Greens
4th Feb 2005, 10:00
Dear All,

Just recently I have been experiencing a problem with my Hotmail account whereby, when I try to save jpg's from an email to my computer by either:

- Right click and 'save picture as'
- Click on the save button that appears in the top left of the image.

It saves and renders them unreadable (no image viewer I have is able to open them). The only way that I can save them from Hotmail, is by saving them as a bmp (which bumps the image size up to about 2mb) and then reconvert them back to jpg (which is a complete pain!).

This has only recently started to happen and I have no ideas what is going on. I tried it on a friend's PC from my Hotmail account and the same problem occurs. I can't think whether it is a problem with our computers or at Hotmail's end.

Has anyone else with a Hotmail account started to experience this or have any ideas on what could be happening?

Cheers for any help.

RBG.

Reds Blues Greens
5th Feb 2005, 15:01
I have seen this problem occuring on three computers now, making me think that there is a problem with Hotmail and not at the user's end.

Is no one else experiencing this problem?

I am thinking about a reinstall of XP to see if that helps, although I am sure it is curable through other means and a reinstall is a bit of an over-kill.

Thanks.

Keef
5th Feb 2005, 23:40
I use XP, but not Hotmail, and have never had any problem of this nature. Why not try without the Hotmail bit?