PDA

View Full Version : Sim for a day

Capt BK
4th Feb 2005, 09:56
Hi everyone,

I did my MCC back in Dec last year on a B200 sim and me and my course buddy were thinking about getting together for a day or so to brush up our skills.

I'm currently talking to the MCC company about accomodating us again but was wondering if there are any other sim companies out there that do similar 1/2 day brush up courses. I wouldn't mind a few sectors in a 737 or other jet, on the other hand I don't want a "corporate day out" etc, it needs to be constructive.

Any ideas?

CBK

Luke SkyToddler
4th Feb 2005, 10:49
London Guildhall / Metropolitan University or whatever they're called now, do quite cheap hourly rates in their B200 sim and the instructors are absolutely top drawer.

If it's jet time you want, does anyone here know if that Biggin Hill Trident sim is fixed yet or is it still u/s?

License to Fly
4th Feb 2005, 16:34
Trident Sim is still down ... looking quite terminal apparently

Also recommend the 727 jet SIM at Bournemouth

LTF

Makanakis
5th Feb 2005, 10:52
Hi,

More details about the B727 sim?

I would also appreciate som info about Mad Dog sim availability.

Brgds.

Makanakis

Global Pilot
5th Feb 2005, 11:49
B727 Full flight or Bac111 Static avail at Bournemouth.

T- +44(0) 77 99 88 727 4
E- simulatortrainingservices.co.uk

Details as per back Flight Intl! Not an endorsement of any kind.

FougaMagister
5th Feb 2005, 12:56
Capt BK - you can also try the B200 King Air sim (FNPT II) at Atlantic in Coventry. That's (mostly) how I keep my IR current, flying SIDs, general handling, holds, ILSs, etc about once a month.

Costs about £145/hr. with the help of the instructor, so it's quite reasonable if you turn up with a mate. But the sim is also used for the MCC courses so it's not always available at all times.

Cheers,