View Full Version : FlyBe Inverness routes?

Fox Alpha
4th Feb 2005, 07:55
Do any of you who work for FlyBe have any idea what and when the plans are for an Inverness operation?

Will there be based aircraft and crew?

ALLMCC
4th Feb 2005, 08:48
This news link might help

http://business.scotsman.com/archive.cfm?id=103082005

aeulad
4th Feb 2005, 11:01
I would expect possible routes to be:

Belfast City-INV-Belfast City
Birmingham-INV-Birmingham
Southampton-Leeds Bradford-INV-Leeds Bradford-Southampton
Norwich-Newcastle-INV-Newcastle-Norwich

Regards

Mike

carlos vandango
4th Feb 2005, 13:19
there is hardly enough punters for Easyjet's BFS-INV operation let alone another 78 seats courtesy of jolly jim's techoprop. Clutching at straws methinks. I do hear though that the BHD-LPL forward bookings are much better than expected. Perhaps people are getting fed up flying the in-yer-face orange way. Or maybe they just want an allocated seat!:p

LBA
4th Feb 2005, 14:18
INV-LBA-SOU has to be a good idea if it is continuation of the existing SOU route, should make it more popular.

Jamesair
4th Feb 2005, 16:38
Norwich - Newcastle -INV sounds a good route, giving each point two new destinations. It should be possible to generate enough traffic on each sector to make it work. I had thought that these points would be served by Eastern...but Flybe would be better (lower fares)

nclairportfan
5th Feb 2005, 10:48
I think flybe. clearly have Eastern in their sites. As well as lower fares you also have to consider that for those prepared to pay higher fares with flybe. (Business Travellers) do get access to Executive Lounges at most airports = something Eastern don't offer on any fare!!

If the times are right they will attract business travellers. I would love flybe. to start more routes from NCL such as:

INV
NWI
Double daily EXT (we already have a single rotation)
BHX
ABZ

and of course some regional French destinations would be immensely popular.

Craig
www.newcastleairportfan.co.uk

GW76
5th Feb 2005, 11:52
there is hardly enough punters for Easyjet's BFS-INV operation
Im not sure what you base that on.
EasyJet will have done their homework and wouldnt have considered INV-BFS if they didnt think it could be supported.
I have no idea what the loads would be like and whether two operators could be supported....do you...?
These types of routes tend to create passengers for routes rather than soley rely on those who need to travel on that particular route anyway.

Callum Johnstone
5th Feb 2005, 13:31
Just wondering whether Flybe would consider EDI and GLA from Inverness? A route that could certainly use some competition!

Journey time by rail from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Inverness is 3.5 to 4 hours, I believe, so I could see such a service being popular.