PDA

View Full Version : Why be a pilot?

JerryMaguire
4th Feb 2005, 07:05
Hey chaps, I'm preparing for an airline interview but would like to listen in to responses from you aviators when posed the below question.

Why do you want to be an airline pilot?

Nooshkie
4th Feb 2005, 10:12
Good question...

Cos I wanna fly those big things with wings...!?

Just be truthful...everyone has a different answer...if you start making things up, the panel will cop on...trust me!

Good luck!

scroggs
4th Feb 2005, 11:10
There is no 'right' answer to such a question. Like many interview questions, it is asked so that the interviewer can establish whether or not you have thought carefully about the course of action on which you are embarking. If you haven't, it will show - and your chances of passing the interview will be correspondingly reduced.

So - if you want to know why you want to be a pilot, go and sit quietly, think about it, and write down your answers. Leave the answers for a day or two, go back to them and read them to yourself. Refine them if necessary, and then file them somewhere. You can use this process to remind yourself why you're doing this in the dark days when debts and PFOs seem to be never-ending!

Scroggs

JerryMaguire
6th Feb 2005, 04:44
Yo chaps, sure everyone has different reasons and I'm certain also that there's no model answers....just tot it'll be great if someone shares with me their reasons for wanting to join as an airline pilot and correspondingly if these same reasons holds after being a pilot for sometime? ie the ideal world vs the real world. :p

bleed_air
6th Feb 2005, 11:57
JM- no offence matey but surely after going through all of your ATPL's, the flying, the IR, the HUGE debt and blood,sweat and tears that have got you to a position for interview..you could come up with a reason why you want to fly for an airline..

My advice is to think back to the times when u were going through hell, when u asked yurself, why the hell am i doing this..and there must have been a reason for continuing.

Include stuff like 'passion for flying' etc but as pointed out dont be false, they can see right through!

GOOD LUCK!!

timzsta
6th Feb 2005, 18:37
Because the sun always shines at FL350