PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Hijack

McDoo the Irish Navigator
3rd Feb 2005, 21:29
Un-freakin' believable

What has happened to the thread entitled "Thank you Air Canada", that is.

I have closed the thread.
The gentleman only wanted to pass along compliments for a job well done and somehow after only 1 related posting it quickly degenerated into some sort of shouting match between various types of Air Canada pilots.
What ever happened to "Thanks, we're doing our best under difficult circumstances, 'preciate your business."
The folks over at AEF will gladly take your money and provide you with a place to argue in such a manner.
My only regret is that I didn't come across it sooner.

McDoo

Rollingthunder
3rd Feb 2005, 21:45
KC-10 Driver

Sorry your thread degenerated. The vast majority of us appreciate your comments and hope other customers have great experiences with us in the future.

meaw
4th Feb 2005, 15:25
KC10,

McDoo is right , so thank you for your thread it was appreciated.

It is always a pleasure to help out a colleague in need and we look forward to helping you out any time.

Your thread is a breath of fresh air as here in Canada everyone seems to love to hate Air Canada.........without having been around the world to be able to compare how good AC really is.

The airline has a stellar ,excellent worldwide reputation except for our fellow Canadians where being big and strong is almost a crime.......pitty

Thanks again KC10

Cyow
4th Feb 2005, 23:58
KC10. Thank you for bringing to light what many won't. Like any other airline in this country we really do try and most of our regular customers acknowledge this.

Mcdoo. Sorry if it got out of hand but in defence of the original AC people we did not start it. As usual the blue side just can't resist biting the hand that feeds them. As you can appreciate we OAC get a little defensive when our company is put down, especially by the blue side. Yes our company is still divided but things will get better soon as our seniority issues will be rectified and they are also all do for retirement.
P.S. It's still the best job around thank you.

McDoo the Irish Navigator
5th Feb 2005, 00:14
Let me explain a little bit of the philosophy behind PPRUNE.
The hijacked part of the thread, as distasteful as I may find it personally, is certainly welcome here on PPRUNE.
The problem was that it had nothing to do with the original topic. Hence the "hijack " moniker.
Keep your debates within the bounds of human decency and you fellas can banter back and forth endlessly.

I will however beg to differ and say that I have the best job around.

McDoo:D

Cyow
5th Feb 2005, 00:50
Point taken.
Ok anyone who has the pleasure of using a mcdoo fms has it pretty good.

ehwatezedoing
5th Feb 2005, 01:34
And I wrote "hightjack" instead of "hijack" in the other topic......silly me...... and no way to edit it now :p

back to my french/english dictionnary.

Hope we didn't scare you KC10 !

meaw
5th Feb 2005, 16:23
You got me all curious now McDoo............where is the best job around?

Sounds like a great topic for a new thread!

dartman
6th Feb 2005, 04:20
CYOW, still couldn't resist getting in one last jab or two..... pretty sad.

Cyow
6th Feb 2005, 14:02
Dartguy.

No jab. Just the truth. If it hurts, I can't appoligize. Your side can't seem to resist a bad comment and when that happens, right back at you. Enjoing the 340 yet?

dartman
6th Feb 2005, 18:29
CYOW, I am not going to be drawn into your little internal squable. I am neither on "their side" nor yours, merely a bystander, and was equally dismayed to see the turn the original thread took. That is all.
Who mentioned anything about the 340, although I am not sure if you are referring to the French, or Scandinavian version...

Happy trails...
dartman:ok:

Cyow
9th Feb 2005, 22:35
Dartman.

You're very fortunate not to be involved in our squabble. Bear in mind though that by making the comment about the"last jab" you deserve a response. The thread was by all accounts a done deal untill YOU decided to extend it. Re the 340, I made the mistake of assuming you were an ex cp guy (744 in your profile).
Our "squabble" may be a nuiscents to you but we in the company take it very seriously as it affects our future. I never intended to bring it up in this forum but felt some of the comments (including yours) deserved a truthful response.
Enough said.