PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this?

DBChopper
3rd Feb 2005, 17:20
My Foxy Babe e-mailed this to me today - it apparently caused much merriment around her offices while everyone tried and failed:

"How Smart is Your Right Foot?

This is so funny that it will boggle your mind. And you will keep trying to see if you can outsmart your foot, but you can't.

1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

.......And there's nothing you can do about it!"

In her message she added, "you might be able to do this." Subsequently, I sat there, tried it, succeeded and told her I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. So is this a helicopter pilot (or even just pilot) thing? Are our coordination skills so finely honed that we routinely outshine the employees of a certain oil & gas company in Central London, or are they just crap? :E

Have a go...

DBChopper :ok:

VeeAny
3rd Feb 2005, 17:38
Failed !

Guess i'm just uncoordinated.

Helipolarbear
3rd Feb 2005, 18:03
Dance on one foot while standing barefoot on a rugby ball thats on a field full of tack's, all the while singing clearly the Irish national anthem in Swahili with a Cantonese chorus, while getting a goosing of a B**w J*b........... then you just may aspire to having the mental and physical coordination to qualify at base level as a Helicopter Pilot regardless of you race,religion, colour and sex!!!!! did I mention the bowl of S***e balancing on top of your noggin' at the same time!!:}

Vee Any...If you are in darfur on the Frog Puma\'s....Fly safe:cool:
Ya Dunn Good, Keep up the work!!:}

VeeAny
3rd Feb 2005, 18:57
HPB

Not me i'm afraid, but i know who you mean and he is a good mate of mine, and yes he done good.

V.

Flight Safety
3rd Feb 2005, 20:05
If you draw the number "6" from the inside out (starting at the bottom and working your way up), then your right foot will continue to go in a clockwise direction. The reason is you create a clockwise motion with your right hand when drawing the "6" from the inside out. If you draw the "6" from the top down, then you create a counter-clockwise motion with your hand, and your foot reverses.

PS - I think I have some work to do. :D

DBChopper
4th Feb 2005, 08:29
Flight Safety

Those were my thoughts too. So I tried it. And I've just tried it again. And I can still keep my foot rotating clockwise. Perhaps I'm just weird (and perhaps I should be doing something more useful too...)

:ok:

Floppy Link
4th Feb 2005, 09:22
tried it
did it no problems.
Am I wierd too?
(listing Boeing { :yuk: }in my profile probably answers that one)

Old Man Rotor
4th Feb 2005, 10:01
Just tried this with my right and left side, and passed.

Just proves it, I'm so far gone and beyond redemption. that I have no option now, than to continue to push these plastic pigs around.

flyer43
4th Feb 2005, 11:03
Tried doing it for hours and.................Anybody know a good chiropractor???....

bluestack
4th Feb 2005, 11:57
I can write a six with my right foot whilst keeping my finger rotating clockwise.......Does that count ??

DBChopper
4th Feb 2005, 21:45
Bluestack,

I think that places you in the position of Coordination God!

Looking at the number of people who have viewed this thread, it gives me a nice warm feeling to think of helicopter pilots the world over trying this out. Let's hope none were actually flying at the time (no responsibility accepted for any injury sustained in the course of experimentaion)...

:E

CyclicRick
5th Feb 2005, 12:18
If you succeed does this mean that your foot has a mind and will of it's own?
makes you wonder:uhoh:

Heli-Ice
5th Feb 2005, 12:29
Sure kept me busy for a while. :D

After a few tries I managed to do it.

warpig
5th Feb 2005, 13:08
i can do it but i need to think about it