PDA

View Full Version : New qualified, low houred and desperate!!!

lloverseed
3rd Feb 2005, 14:46
Firstly I would like to apologise for the creating a topic where there the answers are probably hidden somewhere in the depths of all the dicussions so far, and also for the seemingly simplisticity of my questions of which I know can become very complicated once put in practise!

I am sure there are thousands of recently newly qualified pilots as myself thinking what now! I am a low houred (200 hr) newly qualified pilot (JAA Frozen ATPL, multi Engine instrument rating) who is not sure of the best path to follow.

I know CTC Mcapline are taking pilots on, but I have also heard that the Eastern European market are opening up, and also certain companys will help you finance your type ratings with them. Also would anybody advice the middle east?

Can anyone point me in the right direction or advise me of which companies are looking at low houred pilots as myself and also of any problems that they have encounted a long the way and of which I should give a wide birth.

Thanking you all in advance for your time and patience with a low houred pilot!

Lee.

jamestkirk
3rd Feb 2005, 15:06
Hello

You are sadly in the same position as alot of us on this forum.

I have heardmany stories of people with 1500hrs not getting jobs where a 200 gets one. Where BA took on a low hour 40'ish guy when the airlines who don't mind low hour guys seem to not want them. Competition seems to be fierce.

It's frustrating. On previous post someone said he thinks the airlines make our CV's into paper airplanes to see which one flies the best and then they get an interview.

I would just blanket your CV to everyone (within reason) and regularly do so, as you never know. I have sent over 300 sent at the moment but to no success at present.

You may already know this but you can get lists from
1. Co-pilot publications
2. Flight International Directory (£25)
3. Contact details on PPJN

Get someone in authority to have a look at your CV. I got some good tips from a couple of pilot friends of mine.

I am waiting for CTC to get back to me concerning stage 2. Although, I have no real idea how many pilots are in thier ATP pool (if i get through).

You may be lucky and get a job straight away, i hope you do. However, be prepared that it may be a long haul.

And always remember there is a 777 flight simulator for hire at about £30 ph. Yes £30 ph. Brighton Pier (prior booking is not necessary)

Lil' Pilot
3rd Feb 2005, 15:31
A 777 sim for 30/hr?!? :ooh: Are you serious?

Hahaha, never mind:hmm: