PDA

View Full Version : Emerald update

Heffer
3rd Feb 2005, 12:40
Can anyone advise what the latest information is with regards JEM recruitment?

Are they still looking for keen, hard working, loyal 300 hr wonnabes with resource to self fund a TR?

Whose the best contact these days... JK?

:ok:

jamestkirk
3rd Feb 2005, 12:45
Not much help top you this but was just thinking about the half dozen or so CV's and e-mails i have sent implying that i would fund a TR to get a job.

When i have sent a CV without implying that, i got a please fox oscar letter.

When i send a CV saying that i WOULD fund a TR, i get no reply at all.

It's CRAZY out there.

To be fair, they must recieve thousands of un-solicited CV's so cannot really blame them.

good luck.

timzsta
3rd Feb 2005, 13:46
Sent my covering letter & CV to Emerald last week (200hr just got fATPL).

Got a fiendly little email back from the Chief Pilot thanking me for writing in but saying at the moment they need guys with around 1000hrs experience.

jamestkirk
3rd Feb 2005, 13:52
Yes. Apparently, they had trouble with low hour guys (like myself) not getting through the type rating.

Not sure if that is true.

If it is: Trust a few to make our lives more difficult. Marvellous!

Mobster lover
3rd Feb 2005, 14:02
They had trouble with one person.
I think the TRI commented "I'm paid to teach him how to fly this type of aircraft, not to teach him how to fly."

jamestkirk
3rd Feb 2005, 14:53
Not a happy TRI then.

It's a shame, as I am sure there are a great deal of very capable low hour guys out there who could have made a good impression.

Do you know if that guy was self sponsored or was emerald paying, thus adding insult to injury

Mobster lover
3rd Feb 2005, 15:01
I think he was self sponsored, I think they even gave him his money back!!!

Heffer
3rd Feb 2005, 15:38
I could understand the hours requirement for early commands... but for ability to fly?

Mobster lover
3rd Feb 2005, 16:04
Our chief pilot still lingers under the assumption that experience equals competance.

Whilst this has some truth it is still pretty arbritary especially given his record recently!!

Night Freighter
3rd Feb 2005, 16:23
The HS748 rating is quite demanding for low hours guys. You get around 10 hours including test, so not long to pick up the aircraft, and due to the lack of autopilot and old instrumentation, you have to be a pretty sharp cookie.

Also, we only fly around 350 hours a year, with long duty hours, so from a company point of view, if all we take is low houred guys, we would be looking at 3-4 years for an ATPL & 5+ for a command. If the experienced guys leave we'll have nobody to promote.

Not Saying its impossible, just shedding some light on the situation.:ok:

Mobster lover
3rd Feb 2005, 16:45
That must mean we're all top guns! Now if only DHL would realise that!

RVR800
4th Feb 2005, 14:30
Ive hear of win-win and win-lose and lose-win

This situation seems to be, for many at least, lose-lose!