PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Air.....

Boxer
29th Dec 2000, 17:08
Evening all, my question is to all those with the Dragon. I am a relativly experienced A320 Capt and have world wide experience. I have an interview with Dragon Air next month and wonder is the money as an FO survivable for a guy with a young family, is the company stable and what extra do you get on top on the basic salary. Cheers in advance..
Silky

------------------
Dont forget you wont be leaving empty handed!

[This message has been edited by Boxer (edited 29 December 2000).]

Cpt Nil Further
22nd Jan 2001, 17:45
Well Boxer, how did it go??? Any info you can pass on would be most welcome. I have an interview with them in Feb.

miffed@hk
26th Jan 2001, 08:42
Dear all

Regarding the dragonair job in hk.On the face of it it appears to be a ok package.however the money soon gets eaten up in a honk kong lifestyle.If you have children the education allowance takes care of most of the cost but the gratuity is a very poor contribution to your retirement!(which coincidentally is being further eroded by our penny pinching management!)
Time to command is running at 3yrs at the moment but beware of a slow down in the expansion!when that stops its dead mens shoes as there are many young captains!!
Without trying to sound too negative i would have a really good think about leaving your own country to come and work in China!There are also some political issues coming to light after the handover that are quite disturbing!maybe another day!good luck if youy decide to go for it!