PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the spat

Longslip
21st Feb 2001, 04:07
I would class myself as a moderate by any standards. Some on this forum might call me a coward - I couldn't give a toss. I believe in a fair day's work for a fair wage, not rocking the boat, treating my fellow creatures, whatever their circumstances, with equanimity, civility, trust and compassion.

I have been more than patient , hoping the company would eventually come to their senses or at least to the table, hoping for some sign of recognition that my worth as a professional is adequately valued. It has not been. We have been lied to , cheated and conned numerous times and now, far from being a loyal and dedicated employee I feel betrayed, angry and have reached the point where my good will towards the company has completely dried up. I don't know what it would take to get me back onside, but I can assure you it will be much more than it would have been had things not degenerated as they have. This has gone on long enough. Eight years? What are we on about. There is no way any other group of professionals would have allowed things to get to this stage. It's time to act. Here's what I propose:

The company has always had the option of promoting B-scale F/O's ahead of A-scalers on whatever pretext they care to invent. It's their ever-present threat and recently they almost got away with it with the extendees. They've done it with ASL and they could do it again. What would be their reaction if, as a united body (is there such a thing in Cathay??) the B-scale F/O's all boycot command upgrade until the scales are merged and we get the whole bag of demands negotiated to our satisfaction?

There are no B-scale captains yet and there aren't enough CXF crew to take over. Any B-scale F/O who is rostered to fly with somebody who jumps the queue, should this ever become a reality, would have a big problem dealing with the stress........need I say more.

The first B-scale commands should be coming up within the next fifteen to eighteen months. One of them, I hope, is mine, but I would be prepared to forego the priviledge for a fair deal.

jumpseat
21st Feb 2001, 05:27
The HKAOA are holding a series of forum nights at the moment. PLEASE, EVERYONE please make the effort to go to one.

fossil fuel
21st Feb 2001, 07:37
There will be NO B-Scale Captains. Period.

amused
21st Feb 2001, 09:32
Just as noone would take a freighter command from a B scale F/O to freighter pay!

Longslip
21st Feb 2001, 10:23
Well, Coal Dust, let's have your argument. I'd love to think you are right.

I'd also love to get to a forum night but there are none when I am in HK. Any news?

Amused - that is the kind of contrivance the company has devised that turns me from moderate to resentful.

[This message has been edited by Longslip (edited 21 February 2001).]

BUSDRVR
25th Feb 2001, 15:52
15 to 18 months is too long to wait! I say 15 to 18 days after the March 31st 2001 deadline is about right. Take action and make it swift!

Beacon Outbound
26th Feb 2001, 21:00
Just been called out for a pattern involving a total rewrite of my roster, resulting in another 12 days away from home. Not what I signed up for. I don t think much is being achieved at this company apart from continued erosion of conditions and morale. Nigel, you were elected on a mandate for action, any likelyhood of doing anything?

SIDIAMIL
28th Feb 2001, 02:27
Hey guys, get a life. You will change nothing here, for many disparate reasons.

You can chomp at the bit for as long as you want: you will not have the majority vote. Your hero, Nigel, has his own very selfish mandate. Tough luck.

The dismal truth is that CPA people are amongst the most selfish in the profession- witness the lack of support from A-scale for the abolition of B-scale etc etc. They do not even have a clue as to the disparity between our lives.

The basic premis is: if CPA does not measure up to your expectations, then FUC@ OFF and let the rest of us get on with our lives. BE A MINER AND DISSAPPEAR UP YOUR REAR PASSAGE if you want to be a rabid trade unionist. Goodbye and good riddance. ETS

GICASI

Longslip
28th Feb 2001, 03:02
Hmm. Thoughtful post Sidi. I take it you would prefer to let the company do their own mining up your rear passage on your behalf?

thepenguin
28th Feb 2001, 08:36
where is OCD when we need him?

Thrust
28th Feb 2001, 11:18
Hey SID, I expect you are more than happy to take any improvements to your COS that the AOA led by a selfless Nigel can obtain for you. I take it you are not a "Rabid trade unionist" yourself!

Without the HKAOA we would be back in the dark ages with this company. Perhaps you would prefer that. You sound like management.

dingo
28th Feb 2001, 17:43
sidi is right and you pr1cks know it but you just wont admit it.when sombody tells the truth you make a lot of niose and thats all.youre aoa heros are all mouth and looking after there own interests.the only place their gonna lead you is deep in to the ****e. youre all brave on this forum but your not gonna risk the ****e.youll all look out for your selves just like sidi said. you really make me laugh.

fossil fuel
28th Feb 2001, 18:49
Dingo,
Huh? Your intelligent and articulate use of the english language is quite impressive. Please tell us that you are a 5 year kid who stole your daddy's password? Run along to the playground now...

Longslip
1st Mar 2001, 00:24
Back on the turps again are we, Dingo?

cheklapsap
1st Mar 2001, 05:29
their, theyre, they're, there.....youall leeve pore dingo-doggy aloan.

Thrust
1st Mar 2001, 06:18
What on earth has this got to do with you Dingo? Surely someone as articulate as yourself wouldn't waste their efforts on an organisation like CX.

You have said nothing constructive in ANY of your post's to the Fragrant Harbour forum. I expect you are a person with a big chip on small shoulders. As to replies to posts; anyone can say what they wish but don't expect everyone to agree with your stance. I'm sure you will voice your opinion of this post and I look forward to your usual venomous reply. Get a life and try to improve your's and others lot. You are a sad case.

dingo
1st Mar 2001, 20:25
This is why you guys crack me up. who the hell are you thrust telling me to get a life. I already got a life, its you guys who don’t have a life. ok so I took a less pay and lost seniority when I quit but that’s coming back pretty quick now but mean while my lifes pretty good too. I get good time with the family and fly with great guys who don’t spend their time slagging of the company. If we got a problem we fix that problem with the mangament we don’t try to run the company. That’s your problem you have a fence between you and the management and you ecxpect the management to climb over a mountain. This has always been the problem with your aoa they don’t give a t0ss about getting a better life for the guys their too busy with their own power games. It’s the fact that you pr1cks cant see that makes me laugh so much. beleive me its much better to look after yourself because you cant trust anybody else to do it for you.if you do you’re a real cnut.

Longslip
2nd Mar 2001, 00:16
I wonder why you bother to tell us about how wonderful your life is after CX, wild-dog, and where you find the time? Surely having made the decision to leave you'd want to get on with it and leave us poor, ignorant idiots to wallow in our own self-inflicted misfortune.

Actually, on second thoughts, I don't care what you think.

RRAAMJET
2nd Mar 2001, 03:35
On behalf of those of us who have left, and still read and post occassionally on these pages ( and try to be constructive ) let me say:

DINGO: YOU'RE AN IDIOT

You are achieving nothing, and you'd better not drink at my bar. I suspect you're ex-freighter, don't know why....probably because your posts are so out of character and un-cool for most of the Oz-mates I know. You do your countrymen no credit at all....unless you're hiding behind another country's flaura and fauna.

Sorry chaps....

Thrust
2nd Mar 2001, 03:51
Mad dog, you can't seem to stay away from your (suposed) last life. Worried that as we improve our lot you miss out? Prefer us to get by on less and less to make your decision to abandon ship look like the correct one?

Well dog, you get what you deserve and we deserve a hell of a lot more from this company. Good luck to you and you cosy relationship with your management. I can just imagine you brown noseing your way to success. Some of us would prefer to stay here and fight the good fight. Those left won't let the current management ruin the fruits of OUR efforts.

You can't be in a "major" airline as there are no great relationships in the management v's us area. By the way the AOA who you hate so is here to remove fences that management erect. Why detest an organisation that is out to improve the lot of the pilot?

Good riddance, now go and enjoy your life that you say you have and let us moan in peace. There's a good dog.