PDA

View Full Version : test

ultimatepro63
3rd Feb 2005, 06:37
can some one tell me what the appitude or whatever test is like at cab air coleege of air training thanks:) :eek:

taxitoalpha
3rd Feb 2005, 06:51
The usual stuff, nothing complicated.
A maths and physics paper (to GCSE level), joystick control on a PC simulator and some tests to see your multi tasking ability such as remembering numbers, colors and shapes at the same time.

Nooshkie
4th Feb 2005, 10:15
Are you guys sure...going to do my apptitude soon at FTE and havent been working without a calulator in the past 6 years.... its embarassing to say...that a person with an A-level in Physics and Maths canīt remember to long divide on paper....i think i will just get back to my GCSE books!

Simon853
4th Feb 2005, 12:37
I did the aptitude tests at CabAir last Autumn. It consisted of a maths and physics exam, which you're given 1.5 hours each. I did both in about 25 minutes a piece, and scored 85 for maths, 78 for physics. All questions are multiple-choice and you're given a calculator and spare paper for workings out. My physics let me down a bit as I couldn't remember some of the formulas I knew back in school, (right-hand rule, etc.) Level is about advanced GCSE. Thankfully some the ones where you think "how the heck do I calculate that?" can be figured out by taking each of the answers in turn and working backwards.

The computer test is PilApt, and measures coordination and mental loading. It starts of with simple tests like where you control a wayward cross-hair, and builds upon them to the point where you'rehaving to do that while monitor coloured shapes and listening to a stepped countdown, and have to identify changes. It gets quite stressful, but anyone with a decent amount of computer game experience should be able to handle it.

I did well, my scores were well into the green and the evaluation was "minimal training risk", which was quite a confidence boost!

Si

taxitoalpha
4th Feb 2005, 12:40
Thats how it was when I did it about 8 months ago.
Brush up on things like the formulae that involve mass, speed, acceleration, potential and kinetic energy etc as well as electrical circuits (such as having fuses in series or parallel).