PDA

View Full Version : CX Interview Info

Fixit
8th Apr 2001, 15:26
I've tried the search but couldn't find anything. Has anyone been to CX interviews lately and would like to share your experiences? Anything would be greatly appreiciated.

How long does one normally wait for the first interview?

lamjura
8th Apr 2001, 16:16
Dear fixit,

I applied in Feb. this year. I received from the cx office a letter which states that my application has been kept in record for future opening. Do not have any idea if any one applying this year has been called for the first Interview. Any One ?

------------------
look & you shall see....
listen & you shall hear..
seek & you shall find....

fly_boy
9th Apr 2001, 00:24
I first applied in April '99 and have since been updating my file with them approx. every six months. I get a post card with a beautiful CX 744 on it saying "We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence....blah..blah.." I wonder if anyone had waited longer than me for notification of a first interview or is this unusual and therefore I should stop wasting my precious ink and postage costs and get on with life.

TUI
9th Apr 2001, 11:02
yeh i did my second interview late last year email me if u want

KingAir
10th Apr 2001, 02:42
Does anybody know when they are doing interviews in Vancouver again? I know they just finished a round of interviews early this year.

Many thanks.

BUSDRVR
10th Apr 2001, 05:00
They are doing initial interviews in NZ in a couple of weeks!

Fixit
10th Apr 2001, 14:09
What are the average hours before intial interviews? Is it worth ringing them? Is 30 too old? Good luck to all.

Fixit
10th Apr 2001, 14:26
Anyone know when they'll be Australia next?

TUI
11th Apr 2001, 05:11
no 30 isnt to old i did my interview with a 37 year old and hrs wise i had 1000 total with fark all multi, give them a ring if u want and thay should be back here (OZ) at the end of the year

hope that helped

[This message has been edited by TUI (edited 11 April 2001).]

Ausviper
11th Apr 2001, 09:49
Got the call to go to NZ( May 8) for round one and I'm an Ozzie with 4500TT, 1000 Kingair!!!
Also no help with airfares to NZ!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
Whats the go with the first interview???

------------------
What the f@#% was that????

[This message has been edited by Ausviper (edited 11 April 2001).]

Fixit
12th Apr 2001, 15:53
May be there's hope for me yet. I might give them a call and see what happens. Might even be worth flying to NZ for it.

NDBDME
14th Apr 2001, 23:29
Fly-Boy I've been trying since June 1998 but to no avial. I've got 3000 hours and command time with UK regional, but its only turbine time.I keep updating them but only get the post card. Ive almost got a complete fleet!!!

fly_boy
15th Apr 2001, 13:03
Thanks NDBDME
I feel much better now that I'm not alone. Have 4200TT (150 piston) and still waiting. Do you have different type postcards; I've only been receiving the 744. Maybe I should send them a protest note to vary the pics.

Herb
15th Apr 2001, 15:57
The best way to get a job at Crappy Pathetic is to send turdbill, aka "The Swire Nutter", a packet of his favorite snack.

[This message has been edited by Herb (edited 15 April 2001).]

NDBDME
16th Apr 2001, 00:47
hi Herb what is the"Swire Nutters" favorite snack? I'll do anything just to get a head start to get into CX. I am just tired of doing 6 sector days in a Dash 8 for no money, living in the UK where all it does is rain!! Just had 5 days in HKG what a great place just can't wait to get back.

Herb
16th Apr 2001, 05:57
Try this:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_1271000/1271579.stm

thepenguin
16th Apr 2001, 08:33
We are truly pathetic. Sometimes it seems that the world would be a better place if it were rid of this blight known as CeeEx.

goingdown
16th Apr 2001, 21:03
Do you know if they hire french pilots?currently working in Europe,UK licence with 2600tt and 1000 jet.I was just wondering if they prefer to have european pilots to be on their freighters based in MAN or FRA.Any ideas?Thanks for the replies

williamsf1
18th Apr 2001, 13:18
Well I have 9 "thanks for your update" cards.... can anyone beat that? but seriously, I would want to hear from any CX boys and girls on why they seem to be constipated on interviewing at the moment!
its driving me insane, and with Australia on the brink of a recession again.......urgg!

Midnight Rambler
19th Apr 2001, 00:47
It's the training section which has become constipated. Busy training the trainers at the moment, then the Captain upgrades then the JFO upgrades and then SO recruits. Quite a few recent joiners are on extended time off.

williamsf1
19th Apr 2001, 19:13
G'day midnight rambler, you sound like your in the know, so I will ask you directly.
Do you have any idea on the time frame we are looking at for these back logged training requirements to be completed? and an estimate of the pilots to be employeed for these new orders we seem to hear about all the time?
thanks!

PS go Montoya!

judge11
20th Apr 2001, 21:00
Never mind interviews in Oz, FRA, Vancouver and b****y Timbuctoo. Has ANYBODY from the UK received ANY information about this mythical MAN basing as advertised last December? Or is this non-happening a symptom of Cathay's internal traumas. It would be nice to know something.

Midnight Rambler
21st Apr 2001, 15:04
Well, Sir Frank, I don't think there's anybody who is "in the know", least of all me. That, I'm afraid, is a large part of the problem. Be patient. They need people to fly the jets and they will have to sort it out one way or another. No doubt you have read the other pages on this forum and will be aware that all is not a bed of roses at the Fragrant Harbour and there is an awful lot to sort out.

Go Ralfeeee!

williamsf1
24th Apr 2001, 20:34
Just heard that a guy I know has a second interview in HK at the end of the month. does anyone else have any news? more importantly about first interviews, and how CX are working to get around the C&T shortages.....
:) :) :) :)

BTW

Ralfee said he would be in F1 for only a short time if Montoya was quicker.... hmmm!bring on the next race!!