PDA

View Full Version : Just been selected by Ryanair

Dougle Mcguire
2nd Feb 2005, 19:51
I have just spoken to a friend who did his check last week! SAS told him the next day that he had passed and would start training in April. His sim was at EMA. He has had no interview with Ryanair HR, it makes me wonder if SAS do have the authority to offer this position. I did my check at EMA on the 4th Jan...... not connected to any school and have heard nothing yet. Am I on my own here?????? Should I assume that they are not interested. Have the other guys who checked on the same day as me heard anything yet?

flyinghome
2nd Feb 2005, 20:36
did my check on tuesday at eastmids and i have already been told that i got in i was told at the end of the day and then i was told by sas class starts on april also.

fh

Dougle Mcguire
2nd Feb 2005, 21:26
FH! Have you had any interviews with any HR people from Ryanair..... ie Alan Sweeney. If you dont mind me asking...... are you over 30?

celtflyer
2nd Feb 2005, 22:35
Edited..

Riker
3rd Feb 2005, 00:34
I presume all start on the 800 since Ryanair is phasing out the 200. Are you given a choice of bases or are you assigned a particular base?

Bluebaron
3rd Feb 2005, 10:25
Better get your credit card out then....:D

I heard they train you on the 200 then about a year later move you to the 800 and charge you again!!! (not kidding).

Good Luck though.

BB :ok:

Dougle Mcguire
4th Feb 2005, 07:50
Hey Celtflyer! Why have you edited your post??????? Has there been some sort of change. If I remember correctly you were selected by SAS.

lasloflyer
4th Feb 2005, 12:37
No-one to my knowledge has been offered a place on the courses without an interview. I too passed the SIM but as HR were unavailable on the day I was in EMA I and 3 of my Colleagues at SAS are meeting HR next week for an interview. Half way in, fingers crossed!!!

ARPA
5th Feb 2005, 06:50
I've been informed by one of the TRTS that my MEP rating has to be valid at the start of the Type Rating.
I was under the impression that I had to have a current IR on the start date however the MEP need not be in date.
Any comments on this matter would be appreciated and any reference to LASORS etc to contradict this also appreciated.

duece19
5th Feb 2005, 08:20
Bluebaron

Were did you get that from???? Its untrue anyway, all cadetts join on the -800

duece

joe
5th Feb 2005, 10:38
According to Lasors,

You definately do not need a current multi-engine IR or a current multi engine rating to start an initial multi crew rating.

I have had to check this one myself. The only condition is that it must have been valid in the last 5 years.

Hope this helps, however I bet Ryanair stipulate currency as a selection tool or something.

Rgds
Joe

BigGrecian
5th Feb 2005, 11:18
I was under the impression that you did the type rating and there wasn't a guaranteed job at the end of it!
I thought they just selected you for the training element

Global Pilot
5th Feb 2005, 12:13
Absolutely no 200 courses being run. All 200 crew should be on the 800 by years end! Only a small amount of 200s still flying for RYR and these mostly based in Dublin. So don’t worry guys type will on the 800 and no further conversion at a later date. I believe all those cadets who did initial 200 ratings and had to undergo differences courses to the 800 were bonded for that additional training as would be the norm in any airline.

I would be concerned not having met HR prior to commencement of the course as this was the norm in the past. That said perhaps they are kept pretty busy there!

31 737-800s will have been delivered in the 12 months to Mar 2005.
Creating over 190 new pilot positions not to mention the additional promotions and new training positions. So the boys in HR and the ol' sim has been busy.

You only require a valid IR to commence a multi crew type rating with a MEP that was valid in the previous 60months. If the powers that be at RYR are looking for a valid mutli IR/MEP then it does sound like a way of assisting them with dealing with the enormous amount of applicants but always better to confirm it with them before spending money on renewals.

joe
5th Feb 2005, 12:33
Global Pilot.

You do not require a valid IR. Check Lasors 2005. The regs have been relaxed.

After all what use is a SPA IR in a multi crew turbo jet.

rgds

ARPA
5th Feb 2005, 15:40
Many thanx to both Joe and Global Pilot

I thought this was the case myself and it seems that Lasors section F4 backs this up.
I will need to clarify this with the TRTS concerned as it would be a waste of time and more importantly cash renewing these ratings. I was wondering if this was a recent change to Lasors this year and the TRTS aren't up to speed yet on the regulations??
Any additional input would be very much appreciated.

Global Pilot
5th Feb 2005, 15:59
Joe,
I was unaware of the recent change in the regs regarding the IR requirement for commencing a type rating.

It was ridiculous that you needed to be current at the start of the course but could complete it even if your IR expired during the course. Good to see that regs have been relaxed and common sense previals! Thanks for the heads up on this one.

rgds,
GP.

Bluebaron
5th Feb 2005, 17:33
" I believe all those cadets who did initial 200 ratings and had to undergo differences courses to the 800 were bonded for that additional training as would be the norm in any airline."

GP, thanks for clearing that up however getting rebonded is not the norm, if an airline wants you to change type they pay the cost and normally no re-bond.

BB :cool:

FlatBread
10th Feb 2005, 09:41
Just curious about the requirement for a valid IR on your first Type Rating. According to JAR–FCL 1.250 an applicant should have a valid multi-engine instrument rating. If this is changed, where can I find the new rules?

JAR–FCL 1.250 Type rating, multi-pilot – Conditions
(See AMC FCL 1.261(d))
(See Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.261(d))

(a) Pre-requisite conditions for training: An applicant for the first type rating for a multi- pilot aeroplane type shall:

(1) have at least 100 hours as pilot-in-command of aeroplanes;
(2) have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (A);
(3) ...[cut]...