PDA

View Full Version : CTC ATP (phase 2)

Tight circle
2nd Feb 2005, 13:20
Searches give some confusion. I'm trying to get some "up-to-date" info on the ATP phase 2 selection day (NOT the CADET scheme). I'd like to find out if they still include a performance test along with the maths aptitude test. I've heard it's only a maths test, group session and some computer based pilotapt dexterity tests. So is it no perf test for the ATP guys?

Redski
3rd Feb 2005, 13:07
I've been informed that it consists of 2 written tests (maths and technical) and 2 group discussions about current affairs.

Would be good to hear from anyone who has been through stage 2 the sort of questions asked in the technical paper... Is it aerodynamics/performance based or general knowledge of all the ATPL exams??

Tight circle
3rd Feb 2005, 17:56
Hope not! Have only been revising maths!
Would also be helpful to confirm if they are all multi choice.

chocky
3rd Feb 2005, 18:24
what's the difference between cadet ad ATP?

Makanakis
3rd Feb 2005, 19:24
Hi,

I´ve been having a look to thw CTC website, found 'all' the info related to the CTC program for those who already have a JAA License, but don't know exactly what do I have to do to apply. Maybe I´m not looking at the proper page... :-(
Could you plz help me¿?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best Rgds,

Makanakis

EGBKFLYER
4th Feb 2005, 07:34
Makanakis,

I haven't found their website to be that helpful either. If you want to apply for the ATP Wings Scheme (i.e. you already have a frozen ATPL and are under 35), ring Jo Ward and she will send you a form. Unfortunately, it has to be hand written and their are about five or sox essay-type questions... Good Luck

AFAIK, phase 2 is still the tech and maths multi-guess tests, followed by the group discussions. However, my info is around 8 months old.

WX Man
4th Feb 2005, 15:17
Are the current affairs discussions general knowledge (e.g., US recognise the Darfur crisis as genocide vs. UN not recognising it as genocide); or are they aviation related?

EGBKFLYER
5th Feb 2005, 07:15
Current affairs, not aviation-related as far as I'm aware. Deliberately emotive issues too, to get people going I would imagine...

TRon
5th Feb 2005, 10:58
You wont need any revision on the current affairs. Will be 'What do you think about speed camera's?' things like that.

WX Man
5th Feb 2005, 12:20
Excellent! So it's like reading Jet Blast?!!!