PDA

View Full Version : New restrictive rules for upgrades at QR

Qatari515
2nd Feb 2005, 06:34
Again the rules for command upgrades have been altered. Three years ago it was 4000hrs and 1 year in company, last year it was 5000Hrs and three years, then they changed in favour of the students from the local college who could be upgraded at 4500hrs and now, yes , another restriction! And who knows how many more will follow. If you come here for an upgrade....reconsider!

Currently time to command is 8-10 years if you are lucky!!!!!!!!!They have just announced that a maximum of 8 captain upgrades/year will be approved. This together with the rules of min 5000Hr heavy jet and 3 years in the company makes QR a very very unattractive deal to the experienced FO!!!

On the other side low houred FOs have a very good deal here ( see another post)

So be carefull and do not believe any other stories, this is the status at the moment. Be informed and be warned....

Safari Goat
3rd Feb 2005, 09:28
I heard from a friend of mine that the Quality of captains you have joining these days need a HUGE helping hand when it comes to flying and decision making? This would make sence then why the company want to keep experience first officers and keep raising the requirements
Is this true?

oryxbollocks
3rd Feb 2005, 13:26
I guess QR doesn't care which seat its experience is in?

GB