PDA

View Full Version : DRAGONAIR FREIGHTER UPDATE

rodger
30th Mar 2001, 08:54
Every one interested in the KA freightor based Man be advised there has been a breakdown in negotiations(for want of a better word!) between the union and the company.If you join this operation you will be joining a seperate seniority list not common to dragonair!(despite what they may have told you at interview!)At present you will have no access to the hk ka seniority list or the airbus fleet based hk!unless a deal is struck at a later date.
Hard to believe this management wishes to go down the ASL road but when you consider the direction less approach to this matter maybe not!
This whole episode has led to a campaign of contract compliance which looks likely to become messy in the future months.If you have accepted a job might be worth calling to clarify the situation!!

headset
7th Apr 2001, 11:29
Just copied this from the DPA website.
www.flying.to/dpa (http://www.flying.to/dpa)

It would seem that an early resolution to the seniority problem, re the 747, is not forthcoming. This does not bode well for pilots accepting employment with Dragonair on the 747, with a view to coming to Hong Kong.

No agreement has been reached and the company has been advised that there will be NO RESERVING of seniority numbers for any 747 pilots working for HKFCSL on the Dragonair Seniotity List.

The DPA will seek legal advice on how to proceed, possibly with a class action suit against the company for breach of contract. It further reserves its rights to all Industrial actions in order to to resolve the dispute.

Flap 5
16th Apr 2001, 00:55
Just putting this back to the top for the benefit of prospective pilots asking questions on this.

6 miles high
20th Apr 2001, 14:51
I have just been offered a position as a MAN based F/O on the 747. The terms of employment I recieved state that I will be employed by FCS(HK) Ltd, but with common seniority with HK pilots. I would appreciate any gen regards the DPA/KA tussle.

headset
20th Apr 2001, 19:57
No pilot working in MAN on the 747 will be on the Dragonair Seniority list. There is no agreement in place to allow this to happen and the union and company are in dispute over the seniority issue, which will no doubt end up in the courts.
See teh above web site (notices) for an update on teh situation or just contact the DPA at that web site.

Flap 5
10th May 2001, 12:52
Back to the top for smallwing's benefit.

smallwing
10th May 2001, 16:47
Thanks Flap 5.

Were it that they join as captains for freighter but end up on the bottom of the list for seniority, what difference would that make?

Would it be the same to hire contract pilots, as I know they are out there?
And please try to update this thread with new news, as I am in the blind. hehehehe.

I am a little inexperienced so please feel free to explain.
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by smallwing (edited 10 May 2001).]

coanda
12th May 2001, 15:21
Piss-off to another forum Smallwing - you are getting in the way!

[This message has been edited by coanda (edited 12 May 2001).]

Dogsbolux
12th May 2001, 16:16
Having moved on I am just a visitor these days to see what's going on. Coanda is a bit blunt however, it does seem to me that a lot of 'wannabe's' stick their noses in where perhaps they cannot possibly have the local knowledge to comment or indeed the required professional maturity to make a judgement on those issues.

Call me a stick in the mud or does anyone else think the same? They do tend to cloud things somewhat.

smallwing
12th May 2001, 16:38
OOH, I guess this is how you carry on negotiations right?

As a third party you can not show a little decency to keep not right anything when you have nothing better to say.

Yes, I 'do not have the knowledge', but I would like to know, as far as disputes as concerned. If I do not have the rights to know this, try not to let me get information from it, by posting threads nor from me interacting with media articles.

I do understand as far as seniority goes, just asked a simple question.

I guess things are getting heated and you are not happy with the result. I will take this as the information receive thus far.

Cheers

rodger
12th May 2001, 19:51
swallwing
Go away!

cpdude
13th May 2001, 02:24
Smallwing,

Here's a simple question. Can you say goodbye? I'm in that silly mood again!

smallwing
13th May 2001, 17:16
Goodbye Cpdude, Hello PPRUNE!

The question I have stated is still not answered. Are you rejecting in lieu that you DO NOT KNOW the answer or you can't answer it because you are afraid to let people know?

I do this as a curious individual mind. Likewise I do not step on you if you ask a stupid question.

Cheers!

cpdude
13th May 2001, 19:57
smallwing,

As a result of reading your posts on this thread, I have concluded that you are blind and inexperienced. I can only attribute this to your little simple mind or was it a curious mind, no-matter.

US Marine
13th May 2001, 21:28
smallwing

hang in there mate....these miserable bastards sound like the senior members of CPA that we are bound to endure.

Fly747
22nd May 2001, 21:31
Any update on this please, in particular the DPA/seniority thing. (smallwing need not bother!)

headset
23rd May 2001, 09:29
Provisional agreement reached with DPA and going to members meeting in about 1 week on a 'take it or leave it' basis.

About 50/50 at this stage from my polling