PDA

View Full Version : The end is nigh

I.R.PIRATE
1st Feb 2005, 15:54
I was walking round on the apron today, chatting with some engineers, and they told me the saddest tale. They were talking about a document doing the rounds, stating that the SACAA is planning to make the bottle to throttle rule 24 hours, including ANY person involved in the operation of an a/c. This includes engineers, and apron staff.....!!!

Could this mean the END of south african aviation????

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Gunship
1st Feb 2005, 17:54
Eischhh ... hik ... let me get this 5 l tassies out of the way ;)

You are not serious are you ? :E

24 hrs .. damn that is a lifetime :yuk:

surely not
1st Feb 2005, 18:04
Look at the positive though...................no Director or senior manager will be ever be allowed near an aircraft either :D

Gunship
1st Feb 2005, 18:35
So the refuelers can never drink again ? :E

SIMBA KALI
1st Feb 2005, 21:59
:{ :{ :{ :{ ........surely, the good times are gone.:mad:

MungoP
2nd Feb 2005, 05:14
Has anyone asked them to display statistics involving alcohol related accidents/incidents that should provoke such a draconian measure ?.....

Who are these prats anyway...do we know where they live ?

Imagine not being allowed to drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine with dinner because 10 hours later we have to report for flight...
I can feel a sickness day coming on.. :E

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd Feb 2005, 05:19
It's probably to do with refuellers/ground handlers/loaders/baggage handlers/load train drivers getting to work half in the bag. The number of accidents on the ground may support this according to a few ex ACSA people I know. To just gun them may not be construed as PC so everybody has to be tarred with the same brush...:rolleyes:

Just a thought.

gofor
2nd Feb 2005, 08:50
Makes you think Why so many SA types are in the UAE - they have a legal limit for flying!! 0.04 if memory serves correct -Then again don't drive a car there with that much in you!!!