PDA

View Full Version : Violation of Controlled airspace website

Spodman
31st Jan 2005, 23:52
On the ASA Pilot Center can now be found: Flying Around (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/pilotcentre/training/flyingaround/default.asp)

This is a first attempt with more info and pictures to come. Please leave some feedback on:

:confused: Is it useful?
:ooh: How can it be improved?
:\ Any stories? (eg. I looked up from the valley I was in and saw a tank firing...)

knackeredII
1st Feb 2005, 00:55
So are we talking about a violation of the airspace or a violation of the website?

Nice map presentation and handy zoom feature. The zoom is rather slow to clarify, and that's with a broadband connection. I'm guessing it's powered by Java.

Duff Man
1st Feb 2005, 01:48
Nice tool. Same comments re the focus/zoom bugs.

Love the little plane that does circuits when you select an aerodrome. When you select a GAAP AD it should show 8 little planes doing circuits. :D

The 3D "photos" of PRDs are great and the concept should be continued to depict controlled airspace in 3D.

Not quite sure what the "CTA Step" means in relation to visual fixes. Example (SY) LRF and CAMB both have 2500" but the latter is outside that step under the 4500"... and many have blank which I presume is to be added later.
:ok:

Ultralights
1st Feb 2005, 07:05
8 planes in a circuit? havnt seen that for a few yrs now! :}

yes, a good idea, but a little work still needed, eg bigger viewing area, and better zoom quality (faster) also addition to select a visualisation of flight paths in critical areas would help a lot, especially for non local aviators!

tobzalp
1st Feb 2005, 11:15
Duff man. To continue with my attitude of the evening, a controller in his own time at AsA offered to get a program up and running that shows Restricted areas and airspace boundaries in a fully interactive way (here to help is is user name on this site). Airservices would not shell out the dollars for the licence for the program. We use his initial work for trainees on my sectors however and it is fantastic. He even has scanned in VNCs and added full altitude modelling underneath to demonstrate the actual lay out of everything. Awsome stuff but there was nowhere in the budget for it.

R405
2nd Feb 2005, 09:26
i can't find any little planes etc on the site
there's yellow box maked "more information" if i click it in firefox, nothing happens. if i click it in internet explorer, the only thing that happens is the status bar says "Error on page"

7gcbc
2nd Feb 2005, 09:59
I like it, its easy to use, got photos of significant VRP's and airdromes etc, as a first go not bad.

iss7002
2nd Feb 2005, 20:52
I would suggest that for the Sydney VTC you highlight the usual error for the V1 southbound route. As the aircraft passes Benbuckler they tend to line up with the inner of the two visible southern headlands. The assumption is that the most eastern visible headland is Botany Bay (or the nearby coastline). However as the coastline falls away from Maroubra the most easterly visible headland is Maroubra, the one they should be aiming for.

Like the simple highlighting of the various traps in text.