PDA

View Full Version : Questions For CX Cockpit Crew

FlyinFox
12th Feb 2001, 16:24
I need your opinion on this please.

- Would you prefer a passenger to board one of your aircraft for a longhaul (14hr)flight despite the fact that he/she is sick and certified that he should not fly or undertake any journey?

-If so what if he/ she has problems when the aircraft is airborne, needs urgent ground medical attention & has to be flown back.

I need to know how you feel as I have a friend in Hong Kong who is to undergo surgery & has a doctors recommendation that he should not undertake any journey as this guy has had a history of complications in the past after a similar procedures.

Since his medical problem was unexpected he needs to extend his full fare 1 year J class ticket which the local "Cx Management" are not very co-operative about. They actually asked him to get the Doc to specify when he would be cured (A date) or they can only extend it for a month instead of two as requested by the Doc. They implied that the doctor could expedite the process.

The pax asked the Cx staff what would be done if he/ she got very sick on board & needed the cockpit crew to fly me back to HK. Their response was they would have the ground crew notified about him/her and have the pax offloaded.

Is this common with all airline policy ?
This really souds a bit severe to me and I just need some professional views.

Finally I am not any part of the Cx management and after hearing of this would consider flying a different airline. The only reason I fly Cx is the excellent & professional cockpit & cabin crew.

Thanks
Mike

Übersturmfuhrer
12th Feb 2001, 20:28
Best to contact CX (mis) management on this. I couldn't say anything to defend the cretins that run the company.

US Marine
13th Feb 2001, 09:23
can't really blame cx for this one....what do you normally do when a doctor advises you not to fly!

try asking the same questions to another airline, you'd probably get the same answer.