PDA

View Full Version : Microphone for laptop

joe2812
31st Jan 2005, 19:23
Just bought a headset for the laptop and no sound coming out from the mic.

Been into volume control, then microphone and turned the input vol up to full but still nothing!

Why?!?

I'm running XP and its only about 2 months old so i assume its not the lappie. Just cannot for the life of me fathom out whats happening!

Coconutty
3rd Feb 2005, 01:59
Joe,

Sorry if this sounds like a daft / obvious idea, but within the Volume Control ( Start / All Programs / Accessories / Entertainment / Volume Control ) did you ensure that the "Mute" check box was not checked as well as increasing the volume slider for the microphone ?

Also, depending on your set up & sound card, make sure you don't have another Volume Control panel ( or other control settings ) specific to your sound card, that could also have a "mute" switched on.

Failing these try the obvious and use the headset and mike on another computer to make sure it actually works, and / or try a different headset on your laptop.

If you still have no joy, and "it" is only 2 months old ( is that the laptop, "XP" or the headset ?? ) then try the manufacturer under warranty. :ok:

ORAC
3rd Feb 2005, 06:33
Also make sure you plug it into the right hole.... :O

joe2812
4th Feb 2005, 18:32
Fixed.... not sure how, but fixed! Lots of fiddling (hello sailor) seems to have done the job!

Thanks to those who replied.