PDA

View Full Version : CTC AQC course help

superstall
31st Jan 2005, 12:58
I've got the aqc coming up soon and was wondering if there is anyone out there who's recently done the course. I'm after general details about it like what sids/stars they like to use, whats the handling test like at the end, do they like to do much on the autopilot etc

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
Superstall

SKYWRITER1
31st Jan 2005, 15:03
check your pm's

buttline
2nd Feb 2005, 02:25
The "Handling Test" at the end is probably the most important bit. The first week is using the automatics and SOPs. Tip: Learn the SOPs THOROUGHLY in front of the cardboard bomber. Only effort required here really, so no excuses to have it down perfect - and, good SOPs here will make you strong when the automatics are switched off in--

The second week. No Flight Director, No Autothrottle, No Autopilot - just raw data like the good old days (apparently!)

You'll fly SIDs/STARS - Gatwick, Manch, Birm, Aberdeen, Glasgow are all good candidate. The hardest part of this is probably the single engine work. Learn the pitch, power settings off by heart - they work! With the s/e, just remember to feed in rudder to keep the yoke horizontal. i.e. if yoke is right down, more right rudder required and vice versa. You need a very fast scan, practise using Dreamfleet 737 for FS2002 if you're rusty.

Good luck

superstall
2nd Feb 2005, 12:51
buttline check your pm's

Air of Despair
3rd Feb 2005, 16:22
Superstall, Check your PM's

Howski
25th Mar 2005, 16:07
Hello all !

I just finished my IR this week and am looking for somewhere to carry out the MCC, from what ive read the AQC is a good course.

I have mailed for more info but I probably wont get it until late next week, so could any of you chaps let me know about the course and whats involved, from what ive read its an MCC & JOT where they test you extensively throughout and if your up to scratch they put you in a holding pool for an airline to snap ya up !
And the course costs five n a half grand .......................am I right ?

Could anyone expand a bit more ?

Ta

Howski

TRon
25th Mar 2005, 21:28
Yes AQC counts as an MCC, but I believe you cannot book it now 'off the street' so to speak. You have to go through selection and wait for a course, like everyone else now. Catch 22 being you need a CPL/IR to go for it, so you could be waiting a long time for the 'MCC' bit you need.

Previously, even if you did AQC off your own back, i.e. if you hadn't gone through selection you still needed to at the end, should you have been successful to get into the ATP holding pool.