PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair future?

Screaming Lord
5th Jan 2000, 10:22
OK, who knows what's going on then.What's the big announcement going to be? Is Cathay going to sell all it's interest in Dragonair, to allow CNAC/Dragonair to become the local competition? or is Cathay going to buy them up and bring the Bejing and Shanghai income back to CX ?

Crazy dude
5th Jan 2000, 10:34
Just out of interest, does anyone know how much Dragonair pays??

ButtMunch
5th Jan 2000, 15:18
Crazy Dude???

Oh F^^K off will you. There are more serious things going on than a pay question from a wannabee

Jaded
5th Jan 2000, 16:09
KA just applied to operate a Jumbo to the West Coast. Something is going on.

Don Patrol
5th Jan 2000, 16:37
I agree BM
In another post on this forum Crazy Dude says he is 16. Already all he cares about is money, money, money.
Man when I was that age I was hanging out at airports on weekends just to be around airplanes. I couldn't have cared less about salaries.
sad

SOLO
5th Jan 2000, 19:03
SCOPE clause anyone?

Crazy dude
7th Jan 2000, 08:42
I agree that money isn't everything, and I love flying very much as well. But you guys must admit that money issues do come in somewhere along the line.....

NZ445
7th Jan 2000, 09:46
If you move up along the line as most of as has done than you'll soon find out that money doesn't come into the equation at all at your stage. Try finding a job before you worry about the cash!

------------------
Yaw Dampers. Don't leave home without it!

Crazy dude
7th Jan 2000, 10:28
Hmm.... something tells me that I'm not particularly liked for some reason. I know that all you guys work very hard to get to where you are. And i respect you guys for it, very much indeed. I know it was a hard slog for you guys...

[This message has been edited by Crazy dude (edited 01 March 2000).]

ButtMunch
7th Jan 2000, 10:42
And you believe that after those postings you actually still have a job a offer?

[This message has been edited by ButtMunch (edited 07 January 2000).]

ButtMunch
7th Jan 2000, 10:46
And now back to business when we have changed the yaw dampers on some Crazy Dude.

What about DragonAirs AOC???
Flying Jumbos is out of the question for the time being, and the AOC is only provisionally extended!

Anyone at KA have anything more???

NZ445
7th Jan 2000, 12:36
Do U think we're stupid enough to believe U? Your saying that you had the second stage interview on 6 Jan 2000 (Yesterday) and have done the 2 week flying assessment, 4th interview and was selected for their Cadet Course starting in the year 2002 in a space of ONE DAY!

Hmm.....something tells me that something is not quite right up there Crazy Dude!

------------------
Yaw Dampers. Don't leave home without it!

[This message has been edited by NZ445 (edited 08 January 2000).]

ChuckDEE
7th Jan 2000, 13:18
In the event that Dragonair was completely sold off and became CX's competition, how would CX compete? They have no overlapping routes as of yet.

If they were to compete with KA into China, would they have to open up an Asia/Asie division like every other airline that flies into both China and Taiwan have?

And what about KA? How do they get away with operating routes into Taiwan without incurring the wrath of China... special case, or... ?

Is there even reason for KA to go to the west coast from HK? There are already some 6 nonstops a day courtesy of CX, SQ, and UA.

Just curious... please don't slaughter me :)

------------------
preez mine da pratform gahp.

Jaded
7th Jan 2000, 14:02
KA already fly to Taiwan 3 times a day to Kaoshiung

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 07 January 2000).]

Goonybird
7th Jan 2000, 14:35
Crazy Kid, don't make your name so readily available on this page(ICQ #). Management hate this web site with a passion, and if you're being interviewed it's a strike against you.

18weeler
8th Jan 2000, 09:05
crazy kid, you might want to change your hotmail address aswell, as much as i'm sure you enjoy it!!!

sigma
10th Jan 2000, 00:57
CrazyDude, you must be one heck of a clever brainy genius or your dad works for CX management.No offence mate.Thanks

sigma
10th Jan 2000, 02:13
Crazydude, you either must be a heck of a clever, brainy genius or your father works in a very high senior management position in CX.No offence mate.

SOLO
10th Jan 2000, 05:15
Off topic but, I heard Terry Earl is working down in Adelaide. Between that and Oddington, I should think that "bumsniffer" shouldn't be too hard to figure out.