PDA

View Full Version : How do they manage this ?

woderick
30th Jan 2005, 23:03
Beloved has just purchased MAN - AGP - MAN at the end of April From a Midlands based operator for £13 out and £23 back. This is cheaper than a "budget return" from my Cheshire home to London on the train. This is obviously a loss leader but how long can this continue ? £13 to Malaga is not just cheap it's ludicrous.

The Greaser
31st Jan 2005, 13:04
There wont be many seats available at that price. You got in early so you did well!! Book late and pay the price.

PAXboy
31st Jan 2005, 23:49
Indeed. The calculations are based on the total numbers that they expect to carry and the range of prices. When I go to see my mother (LTN~IOM) the lowest that I can now get is £87.50 :* but if I have to go up in a hurry, it climbs to the £150 mark and then over £200+ for a 'walk up, no restrictions'. Fortunately, I have not yet needed to do that.

Doubtless your partner will have told others about the price and they may be inspired to book. If the price is, by then, 20% higher, they might still think it worth while as they will have had the idea of the trip. A 'loss leader' is still one of the best hooks for a customer! Keep an eye on the prices - check prices every few days up until departure!

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

slim_slag
1st Feb 2005, 14:36
Off to XXX on Friday on a "Loco", bought ticket in November at £50, same flight now available for £30. Some you win, some you lose. But it's still one hell of a lot cheaper than when the majors ran the show.