PDA

View Full Version : QR DECs PACKAGE

fullforward
30th Jan 2005, 22:23
Please somebody willing to share info on QR recruitment, rosters, allowances, fleet assignement and living there?
More specifically, what are the chances for someone be assigned to A330 fleet?

Cheers!

apaddyinuk
30th Jan 2005, 22:39
For god sake....its 2005...surely anyone who can use a computer these days knows how to use a search engine!!!!

fullforward
31st Jan 2005, 01:24
Of course!...
Apart from the usual moaning I did not got more specific and useful info...
Could you tell us more?

Best regards!

fullforward
2nd Feb 2005, 01:23
From the posts received here it seems that most QR DECs are very happy with the grass they choose...
Just a thought.

cheers

youn
3rd Feb 2005, 08:34
HI,FULLFORWARD.
TELL ME WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR INTERVIEW WITH EMIRATES?

oryxbollocks
3rd Feb 2005, 13:30
Yeah Fullforward, over 150 posts and now on to QR; what happened to the other airlines you were after?

And whether you like what has been said in this forum or not, the search engine will give you your answers. Do the work.

As to who goes onto which fleet, it depends on what you have to offer? Tell us.

GB

fullforward
3rd Feb 2005, 21:37
1. I was never invited/interviewed by Emirates.
2. I was unable to atend some interview invitations for other operators due to work with my present employer or simply because did not worth a try.
3. It seems that go into personnal issues is not the main goal of this Forum, but
4. trying to get objective and unbiased info on working conditions of potential employers IS.
For that, making 150, 300 or 600 posts is perfectly OK

Oryx, from your post it seems that you are with recruitment staff in QR, are you?What you mean for 'tell us'? Us who: PPRUNERS, QR applicants or what?
Do you have different usernames here in PPRUNE? Why the 'GB'?

:ok:

fullforward
4th Feb 2005, 13:11
so far, and no insiders seems willing to share information about QR!...
Strange enough...:confused:

Jim Morehead
5th Feb 2005, 04:31
FULLFORWARD....It's like that sometimes...Nobody wants to talk....

JIM

jet4hire
5th Feb 2005, 18:31
How are you buddy?

good to see you around! When will you be around in LAX or perhaps Taiwan send me an email

Cheers,

Jet:cool:

Fullforward
the reason why no one responds...Its because there\'s been about zillion QR post with no positive input! go figure...

Cheers Mate

Jet

:cool:

fullforward
6th Feb 2005, 05:27
Jim, nice to see you around again!...
Jet, I think you got a point here...there´s so many negative posts about QR...
From there we are lead to conclude QR is an incredibly BAD outfit, a true nightmare!
And it seems nobody here would try to change this impression!...

Nice landings, mates!:ok:

Hajj Man
6th Feb 2005, 06:59
Please Mr fullforward,

I myself have placed many, many post about the questions you have asked here on PPRUNE. Some of these guys here are just tired of hearing the same story over and over again.

I would suggest you do a search and read some of the post here on QR. You can take it as good or bad but these really are how things are at QR. Some people like it here, some don't. Some are here just for the money, some just for a little fun, some are here to just build some time and then move on.

You can come here for any of the above reasons and put up with the way of life here and "Bite your Tounge" and then move on to "greener Pastures"

As stated here many time, the goal post and playing field keep moving around and the day to day operation here is just that, it is a "DAY TO DAY" operation these days with Sheduling on the run ( pulling guys from days off to cover flights and messing up there entire roster)

I ask you kindly to do a search on the past QR post and see what life and living here in Qatar is like. If you need me to give you a helping hand on the search, let me know.

I also ask you not to come into these post and say: Quote:"Apart from the usual moaning I did not got more specific and useful info..."
I will agree that there is a lot of negative and only a slight bit of positive but this is how life is here in our "sandpit" If you want to come and play, your welcome but do a STRONG search on the way life is here before you come and try to "rock the boat"

As for the going onto the A-330 directly it will all depend on your experience,attitude and what they need at the time. So you might have two out of the three if you are lucky it seems.

good luck and let me know if you need a helping hand with the search.

HM

fullforward
6th Feb 2005, 14:11
Dear Haji,

Your post lead me to the conclusion you think it would be either useless or inappropriate to ask for more infomation besides what was already comented here.
I respect your opinion, but I prefer not to stick to the mentioned posts.
Unfortunately, I did not manage to get something new so far, except for a very nice PM from a great mate.
I hope you understand my concerns regarding the enormously serious commitment that moving with family around the globe means.
PPRUNE is a wonderful and unique space to share information otherwise impossible.
I am glad to know you seems happy where you are.

Nice landings, mate!:ok:

Jim Morehead
6th Feb 2005, 17:51
HI to all.....life is going o.k. Still in the middle of a divcorce I didn;t want nor ask for. CAL would not extend a leave any longer and that's that. there was an option to pay for training after the 6 month period (may be a Taiwan CAA thing on inactivity),but that was extened and then rescinded. I can't understand why,but that is the way life turns out sometimes. I enjoyed many things about CAL and all but about 5 were good people . One was Chief pilot who was subsequently removed and despised by his own management and others. It is bad when your boss and colleagues have to make excuses for one's behavior .There were a few other people who knew everything that I did not care for. The vast majority were wonderful and I still call most everybody there (pilots and staff) as friends. I enjoyed Taipei and Taiwan.

But I want to work in a stress free place where people respect each other and standards are high enough to assure competentcy, but not to have a syllabus of numerous maneuvers of things that can't happen and people who nit-pick. When you spend your month fearing going back to a training center for checking and testing and when people make it seem like a line check is supposed to be some major goal to succeed to live until your next trip, then it is not stress free.

Anyway,I hope this answers a few postings and hope you all are doing well.
My e-mail is [email protected]

If you hear of any good left seat jobs that pay the big bucks that only work on Tuesdays, drop me a message!

I think flying corporately for a few others is where I am going at this advanced age of 56.

Anyway, off of my soap box.

fullforward
6th Feb 2005, 22:31
I´m sad to know how things are going with you now. Did you resign from CAL?
I wish you a good luck, perhaps a weekly Bermuda/JFK/Bermuda on a shinny Globalstar.:ok:

knotaloud
7th Feb 2005, 17:31
Heh fullforward,
Sorry to interrupt your reunion there, however you asked a couple of questions and then complained when it was suggested to you to use the search engine.
Nothing has changed since I and others wrote about conditions here in QR so the search results still apply. You can't seriously expect people to go through it all again for you, can you?
Anyway, to your specific question re the 330, I agree with Oryxbolocks that YOU have to be more specific before you can expect a reasonable reply.
How can anyone in this forum help you if they don't know whether you have 2,000 hours on a C172 or 20,000 on a 744?
Oh, and I think I figured what 'GB' means, can't you?

fullforward
8th Feb 2005, 14:05
Thank you very much!
I appreciate your input, sad to know nothing improved...
As for my backgrounds: 14K plus TT, almost 10K PIC jet airline, 4.2K wide body long haul PIC (not A 330 unfortunately)
Just looking for a stable job that could afford me to grew up my kids in safe and save something for a reasonable retirement, not far in the horizon (yeah, I´m an old father...).
I have no idea what "GB" stands for. Could you PM me?

Cheers:ok:

Belowclouds
9th Feb 2005, 05:05
And with such an impressive figures you're about to apply for QR? Don't you have operators home who would be glad to have you aboard?

Hajj Man
9th Feb 2005, 09:50
Full forward,

If your CV is so impressive then if I was you I would not come here and I will tell you why.

If you come here you will shot yourself in the foot from getting on with any one like Etihad or Emirates as there is some sort of "AGREEMENT" between countries here not to take other peoples employees and out of the companies in the gulf I don't think that QR top the list of places to work.

I know some have done it but trust me it was a loop hole at the time but that hole is closed.

Good luck.

Also I have figured out the "GB" at first being a religious man I thought it was "God Bless" but then after looking at the name and analizing it i see I was well off the track I think?

Anyhow once again, Good luck and if you come here to Qatar, you can make the best of a place that you really have to work hard at making it " a good place"

HM

fullforward
9th Feb 2005, 22:52
Thank you mates.
There's nothing impressive in building time on types after more than 20 years in the business. Just a bit of commitment It's the career after all, no big deal.

Belowclouds:
Think about what would make you run around the globe with family trying better conditions. I am employed, but prospectives (retirement included) are not good to say the best.

Haji Man
Thanks again for your valuable input.
I reviewed several threads, did my search, and QR is not my first option for the time being.

Belowclouds
10th Feb 2005, 06:36
I myself am about to apply, recently I've brought friend for an interview, but we are really afraid by a very high living costs in Qatar. Yes the payment seems to be good enough, but I heard you'll have to pay 1/3 of it for accomodation, car rental, electrisity etc. If it's so, it doesn't seems to be worthwhile. And i've heard also there isn't compassional leave! Hard to beleave!

Hajj Man
10th Feb 2005, 10:24
The story on the rents being HIGH and getting higher is very true.

There was an artical in the paper here in Qatar about the rent increase and some expats are sending their families back home ( thier place of origin) because the rents in Qatar are geting out of hand. The blame is put on the Asia games but a blind man can see that it is just greed from the landlords and a way for them to take advantage of the expats.

The compassionate leave here is something like three days I think, if they can spare you the time but as we all know 3 days when you are living in the middle east is hard for you to get home and grieve and get back to work.

HM

homesick rae
10th Feb 2005, 10:41
...or they give you as long as you want then tell you they vwill be terminating your contract when you come back!!

Cheers

HR

A300Man
10th Feb 2005, 10:56
Yup, can confirm that Doha is getting more difficult by the day to find a decent place to live in. The previous scenario in Dubai is now replicating itself in Doha, and shows no signs of letting up in the near future. In fact, the situation will only get worse.

Hotel rooms are also now even harder than ever to come by. The place is booming!!!!!

fullforward
11th Feb 2005, 03:10
It will happen sooner or later: the bean counters will have to improve conditions to attract qualified crew. They will have to PAY one way or another.
Of course there are thousands 2.000 hours TT youngsters around the world who would give an arm to be strapped into a big shinny Abus or Boeing, but as long as to command an airliner require experience and other qualifications, to contract these guys (no offense, please), put four stripes on him after a couple of years is making room for the likes of KAL from some years ago or Gulf recently, you name it.

How much cost a disaster?

My point is: there are increasingly options for a qualified and experienced work force. It is just a matter of stupidity save peanuts now, by eroding conditions and loose the most qualified.
Making the headlines tomorrow with sad news will cost A LOT MORE.

Just a thought.