PDA

View Full Version : east midland airport hotels

oskar
30th Jan 2005, 17:53
hi there,
Just a quick question asking if anyone knows of airport hotels located in east midlands nottingham airport.

Thanks again

Deano777
30th Jan 2005, 18:10
Hi oskar

Havent been to any hotels in that region but just google your request and it will reveal a myriad of hotels, sorry I cant personally recommend any

Rgds

Dean

Gazeem
31st Jan 2005, 02:33
There is the Thistle on the airport site and the Airport Hilton just off the M1 (about 2 miles form airport), there are also a number of hotels, guest houses in Castle Donnington and Kegworth which are both about 2-3 miles away.

Phileas Fogg
31st Jan 2005, 10:43
www.eastmidlandsairport.com then click on 'accommodation'

Re-Heat
31st Jan 2005, 14:46
The moto at the motorway has a hotel attached, and there is a new Holiday Inn Express by the new business park where PWC has recently relocated between the motorway and the airport entrance.

benhurr
31st Jan 2005, 15:34
Donington Manor in Castle Donnington is a very nice hotel - stayed there myself - great food and reasonably priced. I think they can pick you up from the airport for a 5 minute car journey if required too.

HON
31st Jan 2005, 17:42
Think carefully if you are staying at the Holiday Inn ( a very nice hotel etc with VERY nice and pleasent staff). However, the noise from the aircraft at night is terrable if Rwy 27 is in use and you have a room facing that direction.
I had a night stop there once and was unlucky enough to be in such a room, I had a terrable nights sleep, when the "heavy" cargo aircraft began to arrive (i.e. B747/A300 etc).

I have however stayed in the Thistle a few times and had no such problems (another great hotel with super staff).