PDA

View Full Version : What´s the best Airline to aply the first time?

Bruno Silva
30th Jan 2005, 15:53
Hello,

my name is Bruno, Im from Portugal and Im 20 years old!

My goal is being a Pilot but as I dont have enough money to start my training yet I was thinking to start my aviation career as Flight Attendant!
That would give me some money and maybe good connections towards my future!:}

I was thinking to a Stansted based Airline but Im not sure which...
I have some friends working for Ryanair but I herd some bad things about them!:mad:

Can you help me?

Thank you!!:ok:

Bruno Silva

Aerofoil
30th Jan 2005, 16:04
Hi Bruno,

Your story is similar to how mine was. I can recommend working as a flight attendant to earn money and connections to help your path to becoming a pilot! It gives you an insight into what most pilots never get to see!

I worked for Britannia airways based at Manchester...now Thompson and i found it a fantastic company to work for and the people i worked with made the job thoroughly enjoyable, albeit still hard work of course.

Keep an eye on their site for recruitment news!
Here is the link...

http://www.britanniaairways.com/index.cfm?action=vacancies

Good Luck with it all

Foil :ok:

Bruno Silva
30th Jan 2005, 16:49
Thanks Aerofoil!!!

Good luck to you too!!!

Bruno Silva
30th Jan 2005, 19:11
Eheheheh Thomson it is!!!!

I forgot to tell you that I never worked in a similar job before...my previous experience is as a Lifeguard at the beach!:cool:
I worked as a Lifeguard for two years!

Hope they dont mind!

Thanks for the site...I will check it now!!

I sure will tell you if i managed to get there!!!

Thank you all!

SkySista
31st Jan 2005, 01:01
Bruno,

having been a lifeguard will likely be looked upon favorably - you have experience supervising people (mainly for safety reasons), likely have first aid/CPR which is a requirement for airlines, and people contact!!! Looks good to me! :D

Good luck!

Sky

Bruno Silva
1st Feb 2005, 12:05
Humm...I guess you´re right Skysista!!!

Thanks!

By the way, anyone knows which pays more, between Ryanair and Easyjet?

I´m thinking in those two cause I know they are based in Stansted and that´s where I want to be!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:}

Rachie
1st Feb 2005, 20:20
I'm *sure* you have to pay for your training with Ryanair..?

I would say apply to charter airlines.. but thats just my preference/choice.. I know someone who has applied to BMI and Qantas for their first attempt

byboy86
4th Feb 2005, 11:12
Well I am in training for cabin crew with Britannia at the moment. And I can tell you, that they are the best airline to go for first time. The trainers are great and as you would like to be a pilot, you can get experience on working on three different aircraft. It really is fun!!!

As for the easyjet and ryainair thing. I think Ryanair only take up people from a certain agency. And I don't think applying to easyjet is such a good idea at the moment, they are REALLY difficult to get into, and they require a lot from you. And yes, you have to pay for training with Ryainair and you have to pay for thaat horrible orange uniform at easyjet.

So I think your best bet, is to go for Britannia!!

Good Luck!!

storm_animal
4th Feb 2005, 11:34
you should try easyJet. We are looking for people at London Gatwick and you get good staff travel so you would be able to go back to portugal on your days off!