PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair - How do you get in?

Qwailogit
6th Nov 2000, 23:29
Does anyone know the real minimums for getting an interview with Dragonair?

Apart from the usual blah (ICAO ATPL, 3k hrs min etc) they state Airbus time on type but other threads indicate other time is acceptable, and that even turbo prop drivers have been geting jobs there. Is this true?

I'm thinking of going to see MK soon to 'press the flesh'. Any advice would be appreciated guys. (precis ATPL, 4k hrs, B737 FO, 4 yr degree etc)

Thanks

Jaded
7th Nov 2000, 16:22
They seem to vary. Plonkers with thousands of hours don't make it. Good guys with less do.

There are new arrivals who have flown J31, EMB110 throught to current 320 Captains.

Jaded
9th Nov 2000, 09:17
Just regular gentle reminders seem to work.

Good luck

Qwailogit
10th Nov 2000, 05:11
Thanks "Jaded",

Have been applying to Dragonair for seven years now (Yup its true!), started when I finished flying school. Have done plenty of updates and called them three times this year. Have the good numbers, refs, ATPL, degree etc but nothing yet.

Notice they seem to go to the UK/Europe to interview usually. Perhaps its too much hassle to do separate interviews for Ozzies and Kiwis?

Any clues would be appreciated.

The Qwailo Git

Jaded
12th Nov 2000, 06:01
They also interview in Melbourne a lot.
More Ozzies and Kiwis than Brits in the company.
Keep pushing

critical aoa
14th Nov 2000, 11:38
Can anybody tell me the attrition rate for new recruits at KA? I ask this because your 'Bigger Sister'-cx likes to "chop" their guys out at various stages of training.

TA!!

Jaded
14th Nov 2000, 13:19
Pretty close to zero. I think in 15 years they've lost one guy.

SixDemonBag
16th Nov 2000, 10:57
I think they have lost a few more than that...

critical aoa
17th Nov 2000, 18:14
Thanks V much Jaded & SixDemonBag,

It is comforting to hear that. Afterall, not much KA drivers moan about the company. Is it true? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

[This message has been edited by critical aoa (edited 17 November 2000).]

Jaded
17th Nov 2000, 19:38
People seem generally content with their lot. Quicker commands help now things have picked up again. Everyone can see movement.

Asked an old hand ,no one ever failed intial sim or line training.

[This message has been edited by Jaded (edited 17 November 2000).]