PDA

View Full Version : Reasoning of the BA DEP selection procedure

EADI
29th Jan 2005, 20:54
Hi,

I am intrigued by the processes involved in the BA selection of DEP's and have a question or two that maybe the HR/psychologists in our midsts may answer......

1. Why does BA insist on DEP's carrying out verbal/critical reasoning tests, what does this tell BA about the individual concerned when they are an already established pilot?
Are they basing the scoring on the UK population norm or universitygraduate/BA cadet norm? Not every pilot has to have a degree background do they??

2. Why are they insisting qualified pilots do the Micropat tests? The mathematical sections I can understand but co-ordination?

The rest of the selection procedure I can kind of understand but the sections above I fear might discriminate against the few who would prove valuable assets to BA.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is a good reasoning behind it all but would love a reasoned explanation..............tell me its not to keep HR in a job?????

Cheers
EADI

p.s. no I haven't applied nor crashed and burned, just reading posts on it left me intrigued.....I have done the verbal reasoning tests for cadetships but thought they were to do with ATPL theory ability.