PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific LHR-HKG-MEL

Lyneham Lad
29th Jan 2005, 19:52
I have booked LHR-HKG-MEL with CX. Never flown with them before but note that their frequent flyer program partners with BA's Exec Club. I have a lot of BA Miles, so wonder what the chances of using them to upgrade with CX. Anyone have any useful information?

Thanks!

HKPAX
29th Jan 2005, 21:50
No problem: they are actually both part of One World alliance. If you are travelling business class I suspect you will find the seats on CX not so comfortable as BA's (sleeping on a zig-zag rather than flat). But service very pleasant.

cxnotqf
30th Jan 2005, 05:49
Apply for the upgrade early! The system is sometimes a little slow.
The J class seats may not be as nice in some instances but the crew view is usually much better than BA ;)

Lyneham Lad
30th Jan 2005, 16:17
Thanks for the responses - hopefully I will be able to report success later this year! :)

Globaliser
31st Jan 2005, 13:36
Sorry to bear bad news, but I believe that BA Miles can only be used to upgrade bookings on BA codes flown on BA metal.

You can use BA Miles to get an award ticket on CX, but that would have to be completely paid for with BA Miles.

Touch'n'oops
4th Feb 2005, 17:03
The CX business seats do flatten out, but there is an incline of 10 or so degrees. I have woken up many a time to find myself in a ball at the foot of the seat/bed!!!!:rolleyes: