PDA

View Full Version : Nando's Aircraft ?

Gunship
29th Jan 2005, 13:55
I was in Jhb Int last week Friday. I saw one / two ? aircraft outfitted in full nando's livery.

Was it for an ad or is it permanent ?

Cheers

Gunss

Solid Rust Twotter
29th Jan 2005, 14:26
I reckon it's permanent, Guns. Seems 1Time/Nandos has hit on an advertising partnership that works. 1Time website has more details. I believe it's used in the USA as well.

Gunship
29th Jan 2005, 14:32
Oh ok thanks SRT.

I ahd a serious babbalas on landing at Jhb after a heavy Tassie evening in the Cape so I thought I caould have been wrong ;)

Cheers mate :D

RUDAS
29th Jan 2005, 14:40
het jy te diep in die bottel gekyk,ou boet?

Gunship
29th Jan 2005, 14:43
Eisch broer ... baie diep .. nog nie 'n druppel intussen nie ... ;)

PS: By the way I think it is great advertising and I am sure they must have been paid quite a lot of bokke for the ad ? :E

B Sousa
29th Jan 2005, 14:45
Tassies and Nando Sauce......great Combination.

RUDAS
29th Jan 2005, 14:50
damn right there,goes down well with a ham sandwich! And some more Tassies.

B1300
29th Jan 2005, 15:46
Apparantely it cost Nandos R1mil per year for the ad on the a/c!!

Gunship
29th Jan 2005, 15:49
Sjees sounds like a lot but nobody can miss it hey ?

Nando's is 100 m here from my Hotel room in ACC :E

But not so good as in SA (sadly) but it's the idea that counts ;)

DeltaFox
30th Jan 2005, 10:18
Apparently the 1time and kulula planes were holding at the threshhold waiting for a landing aircraft and somebody chirped over the radio "BEEF OR CHICKEN?";)

Gunship
30th Jan 2005, 11:26
:p:p:p

Oh my .. I had a good chuckle now (between the tears while watching the cricket) :p :p :p

DeltaFox Apparently the 1time and kulula planes were holding at the threshhold waiting for a landing aircraft and somebody chirped over the radio "BEEF OR CHICKEN?"

B Sousa
30th Jan 2005, 12:27
Lots of neat Corporate Paintjobs come through Vega$. Oakley Sunglasses, has a great paint job. Hooters the Restaurants also has their colors. Larry Flint the Publisher of Hustler magazine ,and most of you have seen Hustler, has a Neat Black paint scheme.
Debbie Reynolds and old entertainer has a Rose on the tail of her aircraft.
Lots of these are posted in the website www.airliners.net

Gunship
30th Jan 2005, 12:31
I pressume the H Q Q ters one is quite amazing.

What do they "serve" inside the aluminium skin ? :E

Deanw
31st Jan 2005, 07:45
I think Hooters owns the airline!

(IIRC, they bought out a Ch11 airline last year, or started one when the deal fell through).

Coleman Myers
31st Jan 2005, 11:05
Don't the owners of SOLENTA own NANDOS too ?. Makes for a hot question.......if so their burgers probably taste better than the taste left in their crews mouths on pay day by the looks of things !.

Gunship
31st Jan 2005, 11:15
Coleman ... can you send us some hot mustard from Nairobberie ? :E

Coleman Myers
1st Feb 2005, 14:22
The only thing hot around here is the sun and the girls at Trackmark ... otherwise NBO does'nt cut that much mustard ...