PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue announce new Perth- Kalgoorlie route

Wirraway
29th Jan 2005, 02:27
virginblue.com.au
28 January 2005

Blue Announces Brand New Domestic Route

West Australian Flight Bonanza - New Perth-Kalgoorlie Flight & Increased Broome ServicesIn its first new route announcement for the year, Australia’s multi-award winning low cost carrier, Virgin Blue, has confirmed it will begin direct flights between Perth and the West Australian mining community of Kalgoorlie.

At the same time, the airline has committed to increasing the number of Perth-Broome flights from four a week to daily flights following the steady demand since the service launched five months ago.

The first flight between Perth and Kalgoorlie will launch on April 7 after many months of strong lobbying from the Kalgoorlie community to bring low fares and more competition to the local market.

Virgin Blue Chief Commercial Officer, Stefan Pichler, said, “This new service is the result of the ongoing demand we have had from the people of Kalgoorlie who want the same affordable fares and great service that Virgin Blue has provided to other Australian destinations, including Perth and Broome.”

The low fare airline will launch the service with four flights a week (Monday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday) in order to build up its regional relationships one step at a time.

“We are confident travellers will appreciate not only the fantastic airfares, but also the friendly service, modern jets and soon the live television options in the seatbacks that will be on offer to Virgin Blue Guests,” Stefan Pichler added.

A special Kalgoorlie-Perth launch fare of $39* one-way on the net (plus taxes, fees and surcharges from $39) is up for sale from now until February 11 for travel between April 7 and May 31. Everyday low fares will start from $79* (plus taxes, fees and surcharges from $39) one-way on the net while the fully flexible fare will be $229* (plus taxes, fees and surcharges from $39) one-way on the net, approximately 20% lower than the competition.

Connections will also be available between Kalgoorlie and Sydney and Melbourne.

Stefan Pichler continued, “We are well aware that some of the mining contracts are already locked away with traditional carriers but are hopeful that the mining, business and local community will take the considerable bottom line benefits into account and put their money where their mouth is by giving us a fair and fighting chance.”

Virgin Blue will closely monitor support for the Kalgoorlie flights with a view to increasing them if the demand is there, which has proven the case with the recently launched Perth-Broome flights. After just five months, Virgin Blue has announced it will go from four flights a week to daily from May 1, just in time to bring more visitors to the Broome region for its peak tourist season.

It follows steady support for the initial direct services between the two WA destinations with solid loads giving Virgin Blue the confidence to go daily and put more affordable seats into the market.

“This is good news for travellers, good news for the WA Tourism industry and good news for the business Guests who will now have a convenient daily service to take advantage of,” Stefan Pichler finished.

Perth-Broome flights start from $119* (plus taxes, fees and surcharges from $60) one-way on the Internet.

==========================================

compressor stall
29th Jan 2005, 04:20
There seemed to be a huge demand for an ADL-KAL service when I was there.

Capt Claret
29th Jan 2005, 08:08
Please forgive my sarcasm. :\

Wow! A direct flight from Perth to Kalgoorlie! Goddam, how will they do it without a tech stop? :rolleyes:

Kornholio
29th Jan 2005, 10:28
how will they do it without a tech stop What the hell ya talking about, man????

Lucky VB pilots.... their chicks will get to enjoy a new experience in toosh-squeezes from a special class of mutant Red-Neck/Bogun hybrid that's only found in the cultural metropolis of Kalgoorlie.

Yes you girls will soon know the joy of providing service (albeit not very much) to the Aristocracy of Outback WA.

And for the pilots....... the occasional skimpy sighting. Is it still a buck for "showussyatiiiiits"...????

Eastwest Loco
29th Jan 2005, 13:18
I am sure the crews would much prefer unacompanied minors to unacompanied miners!:}

Comp stall - yes indeed - the ADL KGI is a service we used a great deal with the NJS 100 series 146 - would love to see that back!!

Best regards

EWL

compressor stall
30th Jan 2005, 00:05
Claret,

Even with the warning, some still don't get it! :D

btw, did you get my email?

Capt Claret
30th Jan 2005, 01:41
Korni,

Read my post again.

Stallie

Yes, email received, sounds bluddy cold! :eek: Have updated your email addy too.

Airspeed Ambassador
30th Jan 2005, 06:55
One step closer to a Virgin Perth base I would suggest. :ok:

Buckshot
30th Jan 2005, 06:58
Not exactly point to point if you have to travel to PH first to get there from the East.

cunninglinguist
30th Jan 2005, 11:08
Just to check if I got this right, you go to KG for a meeting on Monday and the next avail return is thursday...................should work:confused:

HEALY
30th Jan 2005, 23:53
Tech stop?.............YMDN or YCUN depending on the weather.

Airspeed Ambassador
31st Jan 2005, 07:33
Linguist,

Broome services started with a similar schedule to test the water. Broome is going to a daily service and my bet is that KAL will go daily very quicky. I'm hoping it will go to two services a day down the track.

Another good run for the EMB-190!!

Cheers

Capt Claret
31st Jan 2005, 07:55
Good run for surplus 14suxes too! :E

Capn Bloggs
31st Jan 2005, 12:55
Bring the Virgins on! With our new toy (hopefully :( ) we'll give them the thrashing that they deserve! They'll be crawling back to the East, from whence they came, in no time!:D

topend3
31st Jan 2005, 22:28
cunnillinguist

Just to check if I got this right, you go to KG for a meeting on Monday and the next avail return is thursday...................should work ,

what you do is fly up on the sunday arvo service and come back monday arvo...;)

Capt Claret
1st Feb 2005, 00:32
Just to check if I got this right, you go to KG for a meeting on Monday and the next avail return is Thursday ................... should work

Or you catch one of the three (3) QF flights on a Monday to KGI, do your business and then catch one of the three (3) QF flights on a Monday back to PER and it's all done in one day! :}

topend3
1st Feb 2005, 11:55
Claret,

I think he was suggesting that he was wanting to fly virgin, and that qf wasn't in the picture...